so i would start windows xp and BAM Roxio media player trying to re-install itself ... General Blackberry forum

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3

Roxio and DM went CRAZY ON ME!, Kept trying to install over and over!!! HELP

Advertisement

so i would start windows xp and BAM Roxio media player trying to re-install itself over and over and over and over again. I killed all the apps but it wouldnt stop. tried to use this windows installer fix, didn't help.

i had to delete ALL blackberry software including roxio to get that crap off my comp.

anyone else have this problem? i saw it happened to a few others on some other forums but nobody got it fixed. what a nightmare.

csa819 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yup, did it to me too. Major headache. I think it happened because it froze during the an update, and kept repeating over and over, locking up windows everytime it did it.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    That usually means there are Registry entries triggering at startup. You can view all startups using utilities like Runalyzer from the Spybot search & destroy site, or Autoruns from sysinternals.com. Or, the jock in you might want to inspect the Registry directly, using regedit or Regalyzer (s s & again), search the various Run keys (Run, RunOnce, RunServices etc) and edit out the offender.

You may have to F8 into booting modes and select Command Prompt mode.

If you've never edited the Registry before, have some experienced person with you...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    To use the Registry Editor:

Go to Start>Run. Type in regedit. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Research In Motion. Delete the Research In Motion folder.

Repeat the process but this time go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Research In Motion. Delete the Research In Motion folder.

Exit out of the Registry Editor. Reinstall the Desktop Manager. See what happens when you reinstall it this time.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    your so smart erica
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.