Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For a couple of days now, service has been the pits. It's not clear whether ... General Blackberry forum

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Thumbs down Rotten service

Advertisement

For a couple of days now, service has been the pits. It's not clear whether this is to be laid at T-Mobile's lap or RIM's, but: e-mail has been sluggish, with messages showing the "Delayed" clock or even the dreaded red X numerous times before being successfully sent. Even worse, I'm using the Berry as a modem, and the putative 115.2 Kbps connection is usually more like a trickle of 5, 1 or even 0 Kbps. Plus, it oscillates!...up and down, from 60 say down to 0. As a result everything misbehaves: Yahoo Mail, GMail, blogs... Successful sending of a message or post has become a surprise!

Anybody else have this? In Southern California, to begin with? Before I take up arms I would like to know.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Rotten service

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm sorry I can't say that Ive experienced any poor service lately but I'm not in your area.

Yahoo mail has been spotty for me since day one but that's it recently.

Good luck with your service.

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by nmadd

I'm sorry I can't say that Ive experienced any poor service lately but I'm not in your area.

Yahoo mail has been spotty for me since day one but that's it recently.

Good luck with your service.

Thanks... Yahoo Mail was just fine today when I connected via WiFi. When using the Blackberry as a modem, though, it has a glacial quality.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have been having nothing but problems with the service. I have 2 different BB's and the same happened with both. I thought it was my sim card and its not. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone and I am in long island ny

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have been having nothing but problems with the service. I have 2 different BB's and the same happened with both. I thought it was my sim card and its not. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone and I am in long island ny
    Thank you, Stacey. It is not a matter of signal strength, BTW ... I do have 5 bars all the time.

L.I.? I remember Amagansett. And Montauk late at night.

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah this happened to me last week. I could not send sms all I got was a little red x. But since then everything has been good.

PIN/ID
    244F596F

I haven't SMSed anyone the last 2-3 days... But notably, GMail with a 100K attachment refuses to work. I've tried it again and again, it dies out -- some silent timer of sorts

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you and me both gkast and its starting to irritate me severely. Tmo must be up to something. Yeah montauk is still nice. I prefer the hamptons though lol

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No issues with signal in central fl. Ofcourse I'm using wifi now that I have my new curve. But I have sent emails and SMSs with no problems. Emails are running fine.
    Have u tried to install anyting recently? Tried a reboot?

PIN/ID
    244F596F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ you and me both gkast and its starting to irritate me severely. Tmo must be up to something. Yeah montauk is still nice. I prefer the hamptons though lol
    Call me George

Yeah, I don't know what T-Mob is doing... Right now Blackberry E-mail push works fine, the problem concentrates in using the Berry as a modem. Chancy connection, not to say bipolar

I liked the Hamptons ... Some friends were there recently and they described the nightlife as, uh, vigorous?

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ No issues with signal in central fl. Ofcourse I'm using wifi now that I have my new curve. But I have sent emails and SMSs with no problems. Emails are running fine.
    Have u tried to install anyting recently? Tried a reboot?

Heh heh Melissa, you HAVE to say that -- in Florida I hear they use Tasers on complainers

Good thing it's working for you. No, I haven't installed anything. The Berry actually rebooted itself twice within the last 12 hours . I had to re-establish the connection -- no perceptible difference, it's still slow as molasses. I'll try a battery pull, although I doubt it'll come out any better.

Oh, you and your curves!... ...I just have a 7105t

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by gkast1
    Call me George

Yeah, I don't know what T-Mob is doing... Right now Blackberry E-mail push works fine, the problem concentrates in using the Berry as a modem. Chancy connection, not to say bipolar

I liked the Hamptons ... Some friends were there recently and they described the nightlife as, uh, vigorous?
    LOL George... Hamptons is where it is at whether you are 21 31 or older than me... which is 31. Always a fun time to be had. We were just out there for a friends wedding and it was a blast

PIN/ID
    244F596F

UPDATE: I saw Stacey's and Melissa's posts through the Berry on wap.pinstack.com and tried to reply from there, but I got a 400 Error. Now, that IS the T-Mobile browser, right? What's up?! Where is Johnny the Edge when we need him??

PIN/ID
    244F596F

LOL George... Hamptons is where it is at whether you are 21 31 or older than me... which is 31. Always a fun time to be had. We were just out there for a friends wedding and it was a blast
    That's a great age, Stacey... I'm a little older than you and can say so with authority! Apparently, the Queen of Saigon was waitressing at some Hamptons joint and she made them forget their Blackberries

PIN/ID
    244F596F

UPDATE: The situation has improved. Now it happens sporadically, not too often as to be an annoyance. I took care not to change any laptop networking settings -- which work fine when connecting over WiFi -- to be able to draw conclusions.

If it was a temporary glitch, fine. I'm wondering, though: At first, I was having no such problem. Could it be that heavy users of the Berry-as-modem are a burden, and get "bumped" into some sort of second-tier, lower priority service?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast