I'm having a problem when I set a custom ringtone. It rings for about 3 ... General Blackberry forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Question Ringtone problem

Advertisement

I'm having a problem when I set a custom ringtone. It rings for about 3 or 4 seconds and then stops, and starts the song over. The song is about 33 seconds, so I don't see why this is happening. It plays the full song when I play the file in the music player.

Here are the settings for "Out of Holster" in the profiles:

Tone
    BGDCRemix (Name of the file)
    Medium
    LED Flashing

What am I missing?

It's a 6MB .wav file, if that makes a difference.

Worm no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Ringtone problem

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I'm having a problem when I set a custom ringtone. It rings for about 3 or 4 seconds and then stops, and starts the song over. The song is about 33 seconds, so I don't see why this is happening. It plays the full song when I play the file in the music player.

Here are the settings for "Out of Holster" in the profiles:

Tone
    BGDCRemix (Name of the file)
    Medium
    LED Flashing

What am I missing?

It's a 6MB .wav file, if that makes a difference.
    That's a big file m8, and pretty unecessary for a ringtone. Re-encode in .mp3 at 128kbps mono and if still an issue try it in device memory. Your settings are fine for what you are trying to do, I'd consider a wipe/reinstall if the above fails, as it would suggest an individual device quirk rather than an issue with the file size or memory used.

cheers

Worm

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

I thought it may be because of the .wav format, which is what's making it so big. I'm using the program Audacity, which doesn't like saving in .mp3. I'll give it a try though, any recommendations on file converters?

Nevermind, thanks for the suggestion. I converted it to a tiny file (500somethingKB) and it worked like a charm.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-28-2008 at 12:21 AM.

Araru no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I thought it may be because of the .wav format, which is what's making it so big. I'm using the program Audacity, which doesn't like saving in .mp3. I'll give it a try though, any recommendations on file converters?
    You need to install LAME MP3 encoder for Audacity

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I use Audacity to encode my ringtones too. I usually delete one channel (usually the right) and make it into a mono. Then save it in a mp3 format and presto. They are good to go. 96kbps is good enough for a ringtone.