Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by GBallew that is true, there were statements from Apple saying they sold ... General Blackberry forum

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Re: RIM threatened by recent price drop in 8gb iPhone

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by GBallew
    that is true, there were statements from Apple saying they sold 500,000 in the first 3 days.

...it was actually 280,00-300,000. I dont remember the exact number though...
    Apple never said they sold that many in the first few days - it was the media and analysts who predicted thats what they were selling. Apple didn't release any sales info about the iPhone until a few weeks after when they announced thier quarterly earnings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't think the iphone could ever best bb. Bb service is just too stable. Seems like the choice for apps for the iphone are limited. Especially for business users. Bb will be on top for years to come.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

agreed. And going over to the dark side and reading the Apple Forums:

The Fanboys are PISSED!

Apple is losing a crapload of loyal customers and I do believe that their stock dipped a bit.

And on second thought, how are Apple releases going to be seen now, people are going to be afraid to buy a product within the first couple of months after it comes out.

I think I jumped to too many conclusions before I made this thread:

This could actually be a good thing for RIM!!!
    Perhaps this appeases the loyal Appleites a bit. I'm sure their stock bounces back and they retain most of their customers.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech....ap/index.html

kawarskih no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F54740

I personally love my pearl (yes it was my first blackberry) and because of it, i couldt see myself wit a regular style phone (owed 2 syncs and a c500v before my pearl) just wish RIM would add 3g. how long do u thik it will b before we actually get a 3g blackberry

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Who knows...It's believed to be with the launch of the 9xxx series. But nobody knows when that will be...
    Cingular is now the new at&t

Aroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24431D74

To the intelligent consumer, yes...BB's are in their own group. But to the average consumer and the idiot's, their gonna see the most talked about gadget in DECADES as being only $100 more than "That business device I'll never use"...
    Emphasis mine. What metric are you using to declare the iPhone the most taked about gadget in decades? I would think that declaration would be hard to prove. What are qualifying to reach that determination? Sure the BB would deserve that crown more than the iPhone.

Also in terms of consumer mindshare, sure many know what the iPhone is (or at least the hype), but it is likely possible that even more people know the Blackberry by name. In fact, just like with Kleenex, many assume the name blackBerry to be synonymous with a PDA-phone that receives email. how many Treos and iPaqs have been mistakenly called "blackberrys" by the unwashed? A lot i'll wager.

and, just to be a jerk, since you mentioned DECADES. Well, the PC was a gadget that came out not-too-long-ago (since we are taking decades, right?). I think alot has been said about the PC, surely much more than just the iPhone. And let's not forget the Internet that Al Gore invented. and surely the iPhone cannot defaeat the iPod for mindshare, either.

I believe iPhone has a lot of hype over the past few months, whereas the Blackberry has had a lot of buzz over the last few years.
    Domino 6.5.6FP1 | BES 4.1.4

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by orcberg
    iPod Touch = <3

Now I can have my BlackBerry and have an iPhone minus the phone. I'm such a technowhore.
    Ditto. Im very much in this boat too.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

I'll be replacing my Nano with the iTouch...no doubt!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Doogrin no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CEFAC2

Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059
    Good for apple fans. But I think the new berries coming out are also hoing to put rim in a good place in the market.
    Besides is has been said in a couple of posts that blackberries belong to their own cathegory.
    The only real concern I see, is all of the homebrew that's available for the iPhone, may allow at least allow gadget enthusiasts to decide to go with an iPhone. But I don't think in general there's a real threat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123