Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We’ve told you time and time again about RIM’s plans to issue a BlackBerry handset ... General Blackberry forum

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

RIM patents slide-out QWERTY!

Advertisement

We’ve told you time and time again about RIM’s plans to issue a BlackBerry handset with a touchscreen and the recent uncovering of a telling patent filing makes the forecast for a touchscreen RIM quite promising indeed. The patent covers a slider device with trackball navigation and a slide-out qwerty keyboard. Operation of the theoretical device would be achieved using the physical keypad and controls or with a finger or stylus on the touchscreen. Display orientation will be able to rotate to either portrait or landscape depending on usage. This isn’t the first patent we’ve seen from RIM that involves a touchscreen, but it certainly is more probable than most in terms of a design that we may see used in the production of a touch device from RIM. A BlackBerry with the form factor explained and illustrated by this patent would most likely be very well-received by an army of BlackBerry users eagerly anticipating the advent of BlackBerry touch. What do you think, would this one be a winner?
    Boy Genius Report

This looks pretty promising indeed!!

jthomas001 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: RIM patents slide-out QWERTY!

I think Blackberry is one of few that could provide the technology to compete with Apple. Verizon's Touch has an Archaic feel, compared to the iphone. If Rim does it right, they could pull it off! My concern is limitations with cell providers. Will we see another Tmobile wifi version vs at&t's gps? It seems apple has a leg up on this considering their deal with atnt

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It seems like the HTC TyTn. But why doesn't RIM license the form from HTC? IMHO this could be less expensive as develop their own slider technics.

My 2ct

Peter

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

This looks pretty interesting. I just hope it is not as expensive as a iphone.
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmoe View Post
    This looks pretty interesting. I just hope it is not as expensive as a iphone.
    I agree with mrmoe and I hope it's better.

cheeseman no está en línea Stack level 1

This is a wonderful idea would buy this now

noktamvulo no está en línea Stack level 1

no like it

galvatron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240582a8

yeah Im for open face

deafcyclist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243F42A5

I hope that the blackberry touch doesn't have to require touchscreen for everything on the BB. Let the peoples decide whether to use the touchscreen on their BB rather than being forced to tap the screen all the time. I've seen a friend's wing with touchscreen and they had to use the touchscreen for most things I think.

Though I do like the idea of having the touchscreen cause then we can use a MS paint-like program and might be able to use it to edit photos taken with the BB camera if included.

I also hope that the slideout qwerty are built much more sturdy and somewhat bigger than what I've seen on the other phones.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9

Quote Originally Posted by deafcyclist View Post
    I hope that the blackberry touch doesn't have to require touchscreen for everything on the BB. Let the peoples decide whether to use the touchscreen on their BB rather than being forced to tap the screen all the time. I've seen a friend's wing with touchscreen and they had to use the touchscreen for most things I think.

Though I do like the idea of having the touchscreen cause then we can use a MS paint-like program and might be able to use it to edit photos taken with the BB camera if included.

I also hope that the slideout qwerty are built much more sturdy and somewhat bigger than what I've seen on the other phones.

i agree i hope you dont have to use the touch screen for everything

susan4794 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240A2FEA

I came from a wing to the curve. I hated the slide-out keyboard, it was a total pita.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    Ditto! Same here 4sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseman View Post
    This is a wonderful idea would buy this now

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46

I'm still waiting for the CDMA Curve for Verizon!! But that illustration does look cool!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

I had the xv6800 for a short period of time and it was a great computer, stunk as a phone. Having a touchscreen only really stinks. The keyboard is nice but has to be functional. We'll see if this has much to offer.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ikkoku no está en línea Stack level 2

why is RIM applying for a patent for something has has already been done already.... it's not like they're blazing new trails here... sliders with qwerty was out 3 years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast