I've just downloaded the leaked push e-mail rom for the HTC Wizard, I'm flashing my ... General Blackberry forum

zugga no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow RIM BB Vs MS AKU2/A2DP/Push Email Tests

Advertisement

I've just downloaded the leaked push e-mail rom for the HTC Wizard, I'm flashing my mates xda mini s with the new rom (thanx mark for the use of your xda and i won't break it promise )

once thats done i will be putting both my bb7290 and my mates xda with direct push email to the test and comparing the two devices. will list my test results as soon as i'm done
    Last edited by zugga; 02-08-2006 at 04:09 PM.

Gina no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: RIM BB Vs MS AKU2/A2DP/Push Email Tests

good stuff thanks!

been up most of the night installing exchange sp2 finally got it all up and running but had to go to bed cause i had work, will run tests tonight and post results.

finally at home and ready too go the battle has began RIM vs Microsoft

RIM Vs Microsoft

managed to get everything working fine and put both RIM's 7290 bb and Microsoft powered xda mini s to the test.

(tests where done on different servers so server conditions could have affected results)

bb7290 bb on BES
    XDA mini s syncing with exchange 2003 sp2

Test - i send a 20kb email to both devices and noticed that the bb received the e-mail 12sec faster than the xda which even after receiving the email took about 2-3secs to display it,which could just be because i was overclocking the xda, i managed to increase delivery speeds to the xda by disabling SMS & SMTP on the Exchange frontend server which meant
    notification by HTTPS was a bit faster but increased speed by only 4sec. which still left the bb the winner

overall the blackberry is still the better of the two devices i would use personally - i used the xda for about 3hours and found data usage was really high and it looked like it was having problems holding a GPRS connection ( the rom i installed was a beta ver so could have affected it). i believe that microsoft still has along way to go. there are features that microsoft have included that i would like RIM to include in future products.

- I tried a remote wipe of the xda , within a few seconds of issuing the remote wipe from the Exchange frontend server, the xda started to sync, rebooted, and when it came back up, was as if I had performed a hard reset and all personal data erased

finally results

RIM 8/10 - there are features that could be added to make the blackberry a better device

MS 5/10 - beta version meant that a future release could be better, and some on the new security features are quite nice

Ian

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Cool test. Glad it confirmed my thoughts that the BB kicks ***!!! Any device that is not a BB is just plain 'swoot'

forgot to mention RIM is instant email where as MS works on the device sending a HTTP request to Exchange server to monitor inbox, contacts etc once exchange server notices any changes exchange will then issue a response to the device to let it know there has been a change and to start syncing with exchange server (so not really push email)