I don't know how much more I can take!!!! LOL! Dramatics over with....I reeeeeeally want ... General Blackberry forum

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7

RIM are killing me!

Advertisement

I don't know how much more I can take!!!! LOL! Dramatics over with....I reeeeeeally want the Javelin...but I'm not sure if I'll be taking a step back. I've currently got the Bold, I took a test drive in the Storm, but didn't like it enough to get rid of the Bold....now I'm just soooo torn. I totally loved my Curve, and was sad to see it go....but again, am I taking a step back?

RIM are killing me with all these super handsets (not that I'm reeeeally complaining) I just don't know what to do. I know going to the Javelin will mean the loss of 3G, but I've been reading around, and I dont think thats really major.....what I need to know though, will youtube vids be viewable on the Javelin....and will it have docs to go?

What do you reckon? Stick with the Bold or venture off to the Javelin? The funniest thing is just a few weeks ago I was asking the same question about the Storm and Bold!
    Last edited by milz; 01-05-2009 at 06:22 AM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I have a Bold and I'll be getting a Javelin when it comes out. I miss the Curve keyboard.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by milz View Post
    I don't know how much more I can take!!!! LOL! Dramatics over with....I reeeeeeally want the Javelin...but I'm not sure if I'll be taking a step back. I've currently got the Bold, I took a test drive in the Storm, but didn't like it enough to get rid of the Bold....now I'm just soooo torn. I totally loved my Curve, and was sad to see it go....but again, am I taking a step back?

RIM are killing me with all these super handsets (not that I'm reeeeally complaining) I just don't know what to do. I know going to the Javelin will mean the loss of 3G, but I've been reading around, and I dont think thats really major.....what I need to know though, will youtube vids be viewable on the Javelin....and will it have docs to go?
    Yes and Yes. You will be able to Youtube and it has Docs to go.

What you will get....

Width and Height and feel of the Curve
    Thickness (or lack thereof) of the Pearl
    All the features of the Bold (updated OS to 4.6.1)

All in one device. It is slightly lighter than the original Curve. The screen boasts a higher resolution than the Bold. Package that up with the smaller screen and you have a nice TIGHT vibrant picture.

I have both activated. I can't say which I use more because I am using them both all time.

If you liked your curve, and you find the bold feels like a deck of cards beside your face when you are making a call, you will LOVE the 8900 Curve.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I really think the only device I would leave my curve for is the javelin, unfortunately, since Im on AT&T I may have a bit of a wait. I would buy an unlocked Rogers, but the sellers on Ebay think they are gold plated or something. Im not going to pay $600+ for one. I have two upgrades coming within the next couple of months, so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    I am counting the days to Feb 18th -- Assuming Tmo does release it that date!! -- so I can get the my new BB, Im still rocking the 8120-- going to be a change from the keyboard, but change is good!
    And with a new OS and good features, i really wont be complaining about how it takes me 2 minutes to write a 35 word text!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The risk that one takes when buying a new BlackBerry has increased tenfold with the new models. Therefore I believe a wait & see approach is smart.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    The 8900 is actually a bit wider than the 81XX series. Its really compact love it.

spudgunnerwryyy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Yes and Yes. You will be able to Youtube and it has Docs to go.

What you will get....

Width and Height and feel of the Curve
    Thickness (or lack thereof) of the Pearl
    All the features of the Bold (updated OS to 4.6.1)

All in one device. It is slightly lighter than the original Curve. The screen boasts a higher resolution than the Bold. Package that up with the smaller screen and you have a nice TIGHT vibrant picture.

I have both activated. I can't say which I use more because I am using them both all time.

If you liked your curve, and you find the bold feels like a deck of cards beside your face when you are making a call, you will LOVE the 8900 Curve.

actually the bold and the javelin both have a 480x360 screen. Even though you are right about the 8900 having more dense pixels. and yes 3g isnt much of a big deal especially in todays society of wifi virtually everywhere

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm in this position myself. I actually like the look (and on board memory aspects) of the 8900 (kinda strange since I didn't like the Bold) but I want the compactness of the 8220. I am also on T-Mobile USA so I will have to wait for another 15-17 months before I can even think about upgrading unless I upgrade early.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Why wait? Is that when you will be eligible?

milz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    25701BC7
    I decided to test drive the 8900...and I love it! It's so small compared to the Bold! I actually got cramp in my left hand from typing too much! LOL! I'm thinking I just might keep it. I reeeeally loved my Curve....and now that I've got this, all the love has come back tenfold!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Why wait? Is that when you will be eligible?
    I can't upgrade again with full discount and rebates until March 2010 since I got the 8120 in May 2008.