Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's something strange I noticed. In brief as a child. ( I'm gulp, 40 now) ... General Blackberry forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

right or left handed?

Advertisement

Here's something strange I noticed. In brief as a child. ( I'm gulp, 40 now) I was left handed, but in kindergarten they forced leftys to stand with our left hand behind our back and learn to right with our right hand. The thinking then (1970) was leftys were freakish in some way! Crazy huh? Any way I'm righthanded now and I do everything with my BB left handed!. Odd? Do u right handys use ur left or right with ur BB? I've often wondered this when I became aware I was using my left hand. I just thought it might be a intresting topic. Signed the former deginerate lefty. lesa

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks alot now i'm all self conscious.LOL I'm right handed but use my left more often. that's weird.
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I too was the product of a forced switch from lefty to righty (both parents were lefties) in the early 70's. The only reason I use my BB with my right hand is because the trackwheel is on the right side.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It is an interesting topic.
    I'm right handed but use my berry both right and left handed depending on where i am and what i'm doing.
    I think the Pearl introduced the one feature that will certainly change things when it comes to being a righty or lefty.

Just another reason to luv the Pearl or those that follow.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Although I've always been right-handed, some things I do on the BB with my left hand. I find it easier to scroll through a large article with my the BB cradled in my left hand and my middle finger wrapped around to reach the trackwheel.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    ask
    Well its funny you know the older I get the more I'm reverting (without doing it intentionally) back to my left. I can write with my left hand as well,I always wondered if that's why my handwritting (with my right is so sloppy, my lefthand writting isn't much different than my right! If caught in school using my left they whacked me on the behind with a wooden paddle! Inncidently both my kids are leftys and I'm darn proud of it, no wooden paddle for them. I have a very hard time using the track well with my righthand thumb,I use the index finger of my left hand. Thanks for all the replys..I always wanted to ask you guys . Lesa

PIN/ID
    ask
    Thanks hayden for the lefty poll you provided from june it was fun to read..made me laugh

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Forced leftys to write with the right hand?? WOW!! I never heard of that!! I am 40 & a righty.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by exciter
    Forced leftys to write with the right hand?? WOW!! I never heard of that!! I am 40 & a righty.
    Never heard of that either, that's kinda messed up.

symtar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243552DE
    I have the pearl and I use which ever hand is free
    Live every day like it's your last cause it may be.

Naked Wife no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ My dad made me a righty. I used my left hand as a child, but was forced to be a righty. I use my right index finger to scroll the wheel while holding the Berry with both hands. I use shortcuts a lot and avoid using the wheel when ever possible.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    I use both. If I'm using the BB left handed I'll use the middle finger for the wheel.

I can't really see the trackball as a major advantage even though I'm left handed but I'll give it a shot when the 8800 comes out.

moeismyfriend no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm ambidextrous. I can do most things with both hands, except i cant play baseball with my left hand. oh, and most importantly, i can scratch my butt with both hands. (sorry i had to say that)
    I changed my signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast