Hi guys, a wierd thing is going on with the email. There is are a ... General Blackberry forum

jdavila no está en línea Stack level 1

Return of the old Email

Advertisement

Hi guys,

a wierd thing is going on with the email. There is are a couple of emails that are over a year old that keep coming back on the blackberry but not on Outlook. It's an 8700g thru Tmobile running BIS. It only a couple of emails from different people. its wierd cause i delete the email and about a month later it gets delivered again, but only on the blackberry not on Outlook. has anyone seen or heard about this before?

thanks

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Re: Return of the old Email

It only happend to me once after I did an upgrade of the OS. The email was del, then one morn It came as a new email again in which I rem it like a few weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by jdavila
    Hi guys,

a wierd thing is going on with the email. There is are a couple of emails that are over a year old that keep coming back on the blackberry but not on Outlook. It's an 8700g thru Tmobile running BIS. It only a couple of emails from different people. its wierd cause i delete the email and about a month later it gets delivered again, but only on the blackberry not on Outlook. has anyone seen or heard about this before?

thanks
    The only thing I can think of is that it's a combination of "Saved Messages" and a date/time glitch. Check whether the emails that keep re-appearing are in your Saved Messages folder. It's location is dependent on what theme you are running, but you can always get to it via Messages:Menu:View Saved Messages. If you "save" a message, then when you delete it from the Messages folder it remains in your Saved Message folder. If they are there, then somehow, possibly related to a date/time reset (?), they are periodically being marked as unread, and then they appear as new messages. Then you delete them, but they are still in the Saved folder -- and appear again as new next time the date/time thing (wutever it is) happens.

Yeah, I hear everybody laughing cuz this is a stretch, but it's the only thing I can think of ---

jdavila no está en línea Stack level 1

I'll check the saved messages folder. thanks for the info.