I haven't found this reported on in the stacks so...My wife called me on my ... General Blackberry forum

just looking no está en línea Stack level 1

restrict my identity - loophole found

Advertisement

I haven't found this reported on in the stacks so...My wife called me on my Curve today (from her Pearl) and her number and name appeared. This normally does not happen as we have the "restrict my identity" feature in the phone options selected. I asked her if she had changed that option and she hadn't. I asked her if she had done anything differently. She said she used the voice-dialing option to call me.I called her back to confirm that my identity was restriced and it was. Then I called her back using the voice-dialing feature and my name and number came up on her phone.It seems that, even with the "restrict my identity" feature selected in the general phone options, if you use the voice-dialing option your name and number can appear.Just FYI for those of you that like to be anonymous Take care,(no longer) Just Looking

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Re: restrict my identity - loophole found

Thanks for the info, I'm sure this will help others who use the voice dialing option.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~