I have an app on my BB 8520 that is supposed to: Hide and manage ... General Blackberry forum

VLCMBROOKIE7 no está en línea Stack level 1

RESTORING FILES/APPS FROM BACKUP - ETC... PLEASE HELP!!

Advertisement

I have an app on my BB 8520 that is supposed to:
    Hide and manage SMS and phone call logs.
    Your personal calls and SMS are password protected.
    It can also be used as a SMS Filter and Call Blocker.

The app stopped working correctly I think when I upgraded my OS to 5.0, and then it just hid SMS but not calls/call log (which was the MAIN reason for spending $20 on the app!!!). I contacted the developer and he said there's an error in OS 5 & 6 which causes call logs not to delete. So, needless to say, I DEFINITELY AM NOT GETTING WHAT I PAID FOR (but that's besides the point I guess)!

This is when I decided to backup my device, wipe it completely, and downgrade the software to 4.6 (assuming the app would then work properly). Unfortunately though that was not the case - I was experiencing the same problem with calls/call log.

So, I reinstalled OS 5.0 on my device but cannot figure out how to get all of my programs (basically everything) back to the way it was before I downgraded? I am able to locate all of the files from my initial backup on my computer, but I have absolutely no idea how to put them back on my BB. There in on file named (my pin).alx and all of the other files are .cod.
    Can someone PLEASE help me figure this out!? I would SOOO appreciate it J
    Thank You!!

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Did you re-Install the backup, or just trying to piece things back together

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

VLCMBROOKIE7 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    Did you re-Install the backup, or just trying to piece things back together
    Yes, I intalled the backup file but it only loaded msgs and contacts. I can see the files of the things it didn't load on my computer though. Is there a way to take the .cod files and transfer them back onto my bb??

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    You can add .cod files by using BBSAK, I'm not sure if you are familiar with it but it's free. If you don't have it you can find it here http://forums.pinstack.com/content/5..._released.html. Give it a shot sure can't hurt anything at this point

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color