I had to swipe my phone today and lost all my contact and BB Contacts. ... General Blackberry forum

jeanne4kats no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30D4E203

Restoring Contacts!!!

Advertisement

I had to swipe my phone today and lost all my contact and BB Contacts. I had to reinstall the OS (4.5) and I have a previous backup file of the 4.5 but I was wondering if you can just do a restore of just the contacts without doing a whole restore?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Yes you can do a selective restore. In DM select Advanced and select the items you wish to restore.
    You can also restore your contacts from SIM card as they should be backed up on that.

PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    well, it doesn't work through the Backup/restore/ advance option, nothing shows to backup. I tried to load the backup file but it was greyed out and when you mentioned the sims card do you mean the memory card? If you did I couldn't find it on there either.

PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    I guess I could just go ahead and do a full restore couldn't I? nothing has changed, I mean the OS is the same I just had to reinstall it from scratch, but if I have a previous backup file it should still work or not?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    You could try that.

PIN/ID
    30D4E203
    They are there now but to be honest I think sending the service books earlier is what restored them but I checked it right after I sent them so it must have taken a while to get them back but I got a error when trying to restore a backup so not sure what worked!, but at least I got them back.
    But thanks for helping!!