I have a new BB 8220 that is having some trackball issues. So far it's ... General Blackberry forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Request warranty replacement from RIM?

Advertisement

I have a new BB 8220 that is having some trackball issues. So far it's not a big deal but I'm worried that it might become so. I bought this phone brand new/unopened from an individual and got it unlocked to use on AT&T. So obviously I can't take it to AT&T for warranty issues, and I also can't take it to T-mobile. Can I go directly to RIM with a warranty request? It would be obvious that this phone is still in warranty period since it's just been released. Is that possible, or am I just out of luck and that's the chance I take buying a phone in this way? (It's the 1st time I've ever bought a phone from someplace other than my provider)

I did a search and didn't find the answer to this, so hopefully I'm not repeating anyone else's question...

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    because it wasnt bought at a trusted retailer, i think your pritty much done...
    as far as i know the provider handles all the warranty stuff.

thats how it works in most cases, i COULD be wrong though, but in my mind i think your stuck with it

unless you get proof of purchase, which most people dont get the original copy from 3rd party sellers

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    That's what I was afraid of...

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    you could put a posting up on Craigs list or somthing like "Blackberry Repair needed"
    and explain your problem, there is a lot of behind closed door repair guys who arnt registered, but simply know the hardware verywell

Perhaps some one can help you there.

that would probably be your only glimmer of hope