Has anyone ever took the pearl apart to replace everything? I found this, http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-Housi...ayphotohosting and ... General Blackberry forum

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

Replacing the whole pearl phone?

Advertisement

Has anyone ever took the pearl apart to replace everything? I found this,http://cgi.ebay.com/Blackberry-Housi...ayphotohosting and I have always been interested with fixing/cleaning my pearl. Just wondering if anybody has done this, and if so how hard was it on a scale from 1-10. 10 being the hardest. Thanks!

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    I have not done the pearl but... Most of the BlackBerrys come apart in a similar fashion. I did a full housing in a 88XX. To be entirely honest it wasn't that bad. You just have to get an appropriate work space aside and the right tools. Other than that the other consideration is the dust factor in the area you do this in. The last thing that you would want is dust under the new screen! But on a scale of 1 to 10 to do the housing I did I would say a 5. Regards cHAd ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    to replace EVERYTHING would probably be about an 8 or 9 as you're dealing with many parts which leaves more room for error...you could always video tape the process of taking it apart piece by piece then just go through it backwards to put it back together again...also make sure you have plenty of clutter-free workspace, a case with compartments so you can put small items such as screws and a can of compressed air to ensure that there is no dust anywhere when you re-assemble...good luck with your overhaul