Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by skelzer great idea!! even if they're sandblasted... this would make the LED ... General Blackberry forum

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    great idea!! even if they're sandblasted... this would make the LED much brighter. Plus the ball wouldn't stain like the existing plastic does (already replaced mine three times). Now 8130 owners can color their balls too...

And 8830. )

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Can't wait to get my balls colored! I want a clear one also.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    This is a great idea. At least with the glass one ill be able to get rid of the crap plastic one.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    That's just nuts. It would be cool though. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    My only question at this point is will having a sandblasted glass ball in there be hard on the thumb after a lot of use?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I don't know for sure, but I don't think it would. I think it would feel the same as the ball that is in there as far as the texture goes. The ball itself will be harder of course, but the surface texture from sandblasting wouldn't feel much different than the textured plastic ball as it is.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm just saying it might start to cut the skin a slight bit, what with it being glass, and on the scale how sharp would it be?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Wow this is gonna be really sweet. Any idea how much you will charge for stock or custom designs? I can't wait to see how this comes out.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    I'm just saying it might start to cut the skin a slight bit, what with it being glass, and on the scale how sharp would it be?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    No. sandblasted glass is not sharp. You would be worse off rolling a ball of sandpaper. Even on a small scale like a 5.5mm marble that is sandblasted to have a textured surface. There would be no edges (its a marble) and depending on the grade of sand or grit that you use, you can determine how textured you would want it to be. Do you have any experience with sandblasted glass products? I am only asking because I've never felt a piece of sandblasted glass that was sharp. Don't get me wrong, if the glass was broken, shattered, or made to have and edge, then it could be sharp. But not a small 5.5mm sandblasted glass marble. It would basically feel like the scroll ball feels now, but it would be hard like a rock.

BTW I can make a pyrex marble that is 2 inches in diameter and bounce it off my pavement all day long without it breaking. And it would actually bounce back up into my hand if I hit it hard enough. (Don't try thi at home, glass can and will break. I just have the luxury to experiment like this. Pyrex is hard stuff. Those glass stove pans are made of pyrex.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 05-18-2008 at 10:01 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    Wow this is gonna be really sweet. Any idea how much you will charge for stock or custom designs? I can't wait to see how this comes out.
    I have to see if this is feasible before I consider pricing. If this works out, I will most likely not take any requests because that could become very hectic. I would make a large variety of colored balls and sell them on a website. I would probably sell one or two per order and have deals for larger orders. Maybe packages of up to 5 or something like that. Again, I am not even going to start thinking about that at this point in time. Must get it made first! I will start experimenting tomorrow.

mega_boi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245B7FC0

This all seems very interesting. Would definitely be down to order a few if it all works out.

Good luck with this!

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ok i cant find anything 5.5mm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    If it works, I'll buy some too.

BLUEHEFNER no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Awaiting Monday!

nex014 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BDD2F
    This sounds like a great idea. I would by some for sure. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    This is a great idea. At least with the glass one ill be able to get rid of the crap plastic one.
    yes i feel you and also having it turn dirty nasty looking and not being able to clean it!trust me i've tried to clean one and nothing i mean nothing will bring it back to it's pearly look not even close.
    P.s. tried paint remover, thinner, alcohol, soap, goo gone, jewlery cleaner and all kinds of other things but nothing helps and if anyone knows how please post here.

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast