Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

I sent you a PM. I think it's super amazing you could do that. To ... General Blackberry forum

Reesa23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    325FA8A8

Advertisement

I sent you a PM. I think it's super amazing you could do that. To bad your pin # isn't in your profile. I would have loved to add you.
    Carrier: US Cellular
    NEW PIN # 312D19A4

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    That's what's up!!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    Dude, if you can do it I would for sure buy a few from you. Is there any way you could get a real small image and put that in the glass as you're doing that?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It's possible, but I am not sure about it because that is a real small scale to work with. There is a chance I could make really small murini designs and encase them in clear glass, but that would be something for down the road...need to make some prototypes first, and see if this can actually work.

I will make some prototypes this Monday or tuesday, and then I will post some pics.

gunslinger595 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2440f435
    Very interesting idea. Curious to see if anyone figures it out.

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB 8120(wap.pinstack.com)~man this would be so cool if it actually works. If it does I would buy a couple from you

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    When I think about it, they probably wouldn't work with smooth glass. It would probably have to be sandblasted in order for it to grip. The smooth glass spinning might not get registered. I do not know though.
    Maybe smooth with sandblasted designs, lines, grooves, or dots and setting the speed to 100 would not only do the trick but also make the balls look real nice! also mixing colors like for example a green(sandblasted) with yellow(clear) with a red mushroom implosion in the middle!

Reesa23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    325FA8A8
    I need some really awesome red swirl one for my red pearl. With the model of pearl I have the track ball wont change colors anyway.
    Carrier: US Cellular
    NEW PIN # 312D19A4

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    Maybe smooth with sandblasted designs, lines, grooves, or dots and setting the speed to 100 would not only do the trick but also make the balls look real nice! also mixing colors like for example a green(sandblasted) with yellow(clear) with a red mushroom implosion in the middle!
    I definitely see what your saying, but the only way to mix smooth glass in a final design with sandblasted glass is to use tape to mask off the areas you want to keep smooth. On such a small scale as a 5.5mm marble, I do not think this will be feasible. If you take, for instance, a colored glass rod that is sandblasted and try to mix it with a smooth glass rod, the flame will "fire-polish" the sandblasted area and make it smooth again.

I like the idea, and it has been done numerous times on a larger scale, but the 5.5mm size seems like it would be to small for detailed sandblasting work.
    I think if the smooth glass balls will work, then I will be able to make scroll balls that are either smooth or sandblasted, but not mixed. I can always give it a try though.

Some colored borosilicate glass actually already has a rough texture even after it has been melted. This might prove to be a middle ground between the smooth glass and sandblasted glass that might actually work out quite nicely.

I can't wait to start experimenting this week!

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

AWESOME.... Ill buy some!

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Does that mean there is a magnet in the trackball itself? Is that part of the way it stays onto the track assembly? If so what then?

The magnets are the rollers themselves. It uses magnetic sensors to determine what direction you are spinning the trackball and how long you are spinning it. The magnets are powerful for their size. The are difficult to get apart once they have joined.

If we could get custom built trackballs, we might be interested in reselling them here in our shop. We are already working on custom colored housings.

Zo

trungiie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2435444A
    Very interesting. PM me when this all gets ironed out. Looking forward to a glass trackball

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    My only question at this point is will having a sandblasted glass ball in there be hard on the thumb after a lot of use?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by volscian View Post
    My only question at this point is will having a sandblasted glass ball in there be hard on the thumb after a lot of use?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    only one way to find out

sbhokc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461801B
    How about an acid wash. I know that glass that has been acid etched has a good texture to it and I would assume good traction. At any rate, I'm down for some.

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    great idea!! even if they're sandblasted... this would make the LED much brighter. Plus the ball wouldn't stain like the existing plastic does (already replaced mine three times). Now 8130 owners can color their balls too...

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast