Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 212223242526

I think the issue was the glass was too smooth the move the rollers. We ... General Blackberry forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

I think the issue was the glass was too smooth the move the rollers. We need something with a slightly rough surface. But too rough and it will quickly wear the rollers. .

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I'm back. It was not a scam, just an idea.
    It's been a while since I've posted here....sorry about the abrupt disappearance from the forums, and for never following up with the glass scroll-ball project I was starting to work on. Long story short, I became very ill and all my time was preoccupied with my health. The glass project became a no-go as overwhelming priorities took place. I am also sorry to inform anyone who may still be interested that I will not be pursuing the glass scroll ball project anytime soon (if at all). I hope I did not make anyone too hopeful and/or pissd. Besides the my health issues during last summer, the balls seemed to need to be exact in size and perfectly round on a microscopic level as if machined made. There was the problem with the surface being too smooth and not grippy enough. There was the worry that any texture added to a glass ball might be too hard and in the long run, cause damage by wearing down the internal rollers. Just the thought of removing and installing, or reinstalling the scroll ball makes me cringe. I lost my first week-old pearl 8120 by doing this....I wouldn't really want to mess with the OEM ball again let alone mess with anyone else's balls (no pun intended).
    If things continue to improve health wise, maybe I could give it a shot again, but realistically I do not see it happening or working out the way I originally hoped it would.

Anyways, I'm about to try and get away with ordering a new curve 8900. My pearl looks like it got a beat down (cracked screen, scratches, broken battery cover...all due to work hazards) although it still operates perfectly. An upgrade would definitely be welcome in the form of a qwerty keyboard on the new 8900.

Again, sorry to leave everyone hanging.

-j
    Last edited by icaro2000; 01-23-2009 at 09:42 AM.

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey glad to see you're getting better and i wish you the best. This thread as a trip though
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the update, Icaro, and best wishes and continuing good health. You take care of yourself first - that's the important thing.

...and sometimes, things like a glass trackball replacement just don't work out but thanks for trying. That's why there are experiments and labs...and sometimes, progress. At least we know now.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Yeah Icaro, thanks for the update, and JB is right! Your health is the most important thing! Good luck and let us know if you pursue this in the future!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Thanks for understanding guys. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I missed you icaro. Don"t worry about a thing here. I to want to try and get the 8900. It has a diff trackball anyway. It looks black to me on the pics and is self cleaning. Sorry to hear about your health problems and get better soon. I hope you keep stackin while your recovering.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Great to have u back. Any other cool ideas?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    icaro-glad your health is better but if anything you helped me thank you is what I owe you.... I took my trackball apart many times due to this thread and boy those rollers are magnetic I think nd a pain n the arse to put back together...

trackball:
    glass- too smooth has to be scuffed so it will turn frost white "color of the ball now"

color your balls- one pop it out and color the led underneeth it with your favorite color sharpie "if you wana change the color use a pencile erase nd bada bing bada boom its gone"

Don't wanna color the led put a piece of tape and color that "when u want to change it pull the tape off"

Metal ball- can't use either the screw driver I was using or those rollers are magnetic not sure how that would wrk

Plastic- it already is wana change the color read up 2

~via BB

csmr38 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    3180db60
    Damn this is the coolest **** i have ever heard of for a blackberry

hyphen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30BCDAA6
    Quote Originally Posted by csmr38 View Post
    Damn this is the coolest **** i have ever heard of for a blackberry
    Huh wat is?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphen View Post
    Huh wat is?
    A glass trackball for a Blackberry but, if you go back and read in this thread, you'll find that it didn't work for several reasons.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na
    Another thought I had was..... Think of a magnifying glass in your $300-$600 blackberry. Mess up and leave it in the sun for a few seconds and wonder why it doesn't work later. LOL you have cooked it from the inside out. Glass seems to be a great idea but too risky for me. I would love to see some one come up with more creative ideas. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 212223242526