Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by stimpy1515 I thought about the weight of the ball issue as well ... General Blackberry forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy1515 View Post
    I thought about the weight of the ball issue as well and if this is a problem you could use a non-conductive spring to "hold" up the track ball. Just solder the spring onto the bottom of the trackball assembly on the part that pushes down to make it "click". I bet a watch shop that repairs has a spring that would work. But the spring has to not conduct electricity or it will not "click".
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow.
    Seems like a lot more work than I anticipated.

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Wow.
    Seems like a lot more work than I anticipated.

actually not true i just found the secret to this and it's amazing! works like dream! 2 minute install no springs no nothing just a glass roll ball! real nice i'll post pics later!stay tuned

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post

actually not true i just found the secret to this and it's amazing! works like dream! 2 minute install no springs no nothing just a glass roll ball! real nice i'll post pics later!stay tuned
    Wow .. talk about a teaser post ... lol
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    I wouldn't mess with the trackball...I just had to replace mine because I tried something along this glass marble idea. All you really need it a rough surface to grip the magnetic rollers.....but I think the rubber provides some extra grip. This is not the best idea if you don't know how the trackball assembly works and how it is set up. And even then I don't reccomend it. Without a trackball a BB is worthless unfortunately. There are shortcuts and stuff you can use to get by but ordering a new trackball takes forever because they come from china. I haven't found a company that ships them within ThUeSA~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    any updates?

mrfidget no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~checked into the glass idea it would work if you had a rubber strip to put around the so called spinny things in the trackball mechanism this would mimic the grip the problem is finding a strip of rubber thin enough and an adhesive strong enough but the concieveably you could use anything even a clear glass marble. Let me know what you all come up with on that

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    i have a black 1 in mine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

chadzworld no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2464E6DD
    I read this entire thread and I'm wondering if lexo was beta testing for icaro2000. Why is it taking soooo long for him to post the pics? Sorry guys!! ???

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by salbo View Post
    I wouldn't mess with the trackball...I just had to replace mine because I tried something along this glass marble idea. All you really need it a rough surface to grip the magnetic rollers.....but I think the rubber provides some extra grip. This is not the best idea if you don't know how the trackball assembly works and how it is set up. And even then I don't reccomend it. Without a trackball a BB is worthless unfortunately. There are shortcuts and stuff you can use to get by but ordering a new trackball takes forever because they come from china. I haven't found a company that ships them within ThUeSA~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ok to tell you the truth ur absolutely not right, for the simple fact that it's pretty obvious that the roller assembly is almost impossible to permanently damage unless ur actualy trying to destroy it, the trick is to put everything back in its place exactly how you found it the only difference would be the ball swap!i actualy made this work, the only thing is that i don't have a glass marble that's exactly the correct size, i did replace mine with a rubber one and let me tell you its pretty awsome also i replaced it with a steel or actualy a metal that's not magnetic but it's the correct size exactly and it's found everywhere can u guess where i'll tell u guys in my next post along wit sum picz!

ok so here they r well the metalroller ball can be found in specialy marked markers of hold on let me check.........Decocolor-Broadline just break it open and clean the ball(the size is an exact match) well I didn't take a picture because when i installed it i didn't have my camera and also doesn't grip too good its like on 10 on the speed needs sandblastin.ok the pictures of the 8120 is a brand new phone just recieved my sweepstakes prize yesterday and the red 8100 is the one with a rubber ball!check it out it gives this bluish color thats realy nice and super bright brighter than the brand new 8120! also I just came up with a great idea that would look just like glass it's actualy that rubber material that those rubber boucie balls you buy for 25cents they come in all kinds of color combinations, solids, clears, and everything you could do with glass plus even more i think!this is the material that i replaced mine with the only thing is that it's the same color as the original but emits way more light maybe i could learn how to create them also one more thing they work perfect with the housing no modification needed at all, just swap n go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Lexo-
    I'm about to send you a PM.
    I need to know the exact size of the oem ball.
    I should send you some testers, but I think I need to get them sandblasted.

Good work! keep at it! I think that sandblasting, if anything, will probably be the easiest solution. If the weight of the ball is not a factor, then I think it should work.

Getting rubber hoses or some kind of adhesive on the rollers would be great, but I think it would be a lot of extra work. I would love to see RIM come up with a new trackball design that would allow the use of glass or other slick surfaced balls via the rubber magnetic rollers solution.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 05-30-2008 at 08:02 PM.

I have just joined forces with icaro2000! ain't nothing stopping us now!

chadzworld no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2464E6DD
    Quote Originally Posted by lexo View Post
    I have just joined forces with icaro2000! ain't nothing stopping us now!
    Right on! Let us know.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm gonna bang some of these guys out tomorrow/later today. Please! Somebody tell me the outer diameter of the oem scroll ball in MM please!