Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

I've had the BB since Feb and no TMO warranty...just the BB 1 yr warranty...... General Blackberry forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Advertisement

I've had the BB since Feb and no TMO warranty...just the BB 1 yr warranty...
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That and its usually a refurb when they send you one just had to do that with my 8100

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    He's only had the phone for 1 week. I am sure that has something to do with why they will send him a new one.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I don't know. I do not know what the final outcome is either. I might get charged for it. Then again if I threaten to pay my cancellation fees and say that I will sign with att and get a free BB they might reconsider it. I mean if I had to pay the full price for it or if I couldn't get it replaced, I could replace the trackball housing myself, sell it on ebay for approximately 300 dollars, and then terminate my service, sign up with a different carrier, and get a new free BB. It would be their loss to not replace it. It is all in how you look at the situation, how you communicate, and the channels you go through.

We will see what happens. I initially would not have known how to get such a good upgrade price only one year into a contract, if it wasn't for the advice form the friendly people here at pinstack.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    He's only had the phone for 1 week. I am sure that has something to do with why they will send him a new one.

lol yeah, that too.

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea if you talk to the right people im sure it will work but I actually work at a authorized dealer and only had my 8100 for less then a month and they sent me a refurb.

It is past the 14 day return period, that's what you'll get. Good thing Icaro was within that time frame.

C/S over the phone is the best route for getting what you want.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian80 View Post
    Yea if you talk to the right people im sure it will work but I actually work at a authorized dealer and only had my 8100 for less then a month and they sent me a refurb.
    Same thing happened to me with the nokia 5300. I had it for just over two weeks, and then I dropped it on a rugged floor from chair height (3 feet). The screen had a crack and was blank, they sent me a refurbished one that did not perform as good at all.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I'll pay for it if I have to. I really grew attached to the 8120 while I had it. I appreciate all it has to offer, and I can't wait to customize and utilize it to my liking.

Eventually, I would like to put a glass marble in it. I'm not going to use this phone as my test subject though..lol

My sister has the pearl 8100. She might be upgrading or switching carriers soon, so she might let me use her 8100 as a testing phone as well. I figure that I will need to test each one out before any need to leave the lab. Phatmanxxl has also offered an old 8100 to test with as well. The people on this forum are very cool and very helpful!
    Last edited by icaro2000; 05-21-2008 at 04:49 PM.

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just dont send back the broken one? I did a warranty exchange on the 8830 w/ VZW and I forgot about the old unit till I recently found it in my closet, but theyve never charged me for it and its been a few months already.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    So icaro... any clue yet as to what kind of timeline we are looking at here? do you know when you will be able to resume testing?

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    Good news!
    T-mobile is sending me a new 8120!
    Probably has something to do with the fact I have been with them since 1999.
    I'm not so bummed anymore.

I could still use testing BBs for the glass scroll ball project.

This is going to work out great.

Now if I can only figure out why my first test subject could not register. I am thinking it is because I inserted the housing incorrectly when I put the glass ball in.

Either I inserted the housing incorrectly, or The glass is to smooth/slick for the rollers to register it. If this is the case, then II think I will need to sandblast them. If I sandblast them, they will look frosted, but the will still transmit light. I can also still apply designs like color cwirls and what not.

I do not want to risk my new phone right away, so I might need some test phones, or even some 'beta'-testers that are more technically inclined than I am (or people with skinny fingers).
    hey man i'll be your guinea pig trust me i'll make this work plus i'll post intructions to do it exacly with pictures(or just give them to you so you can include them in your sales), i'm a super pro at dissasembling the trackballs and putting them back together again i have much expirience trust me man all i need is a glass roller ball thats exacly the same size as the original to make this happen.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    Quote Originally Posted by needforspd View Post
    Just dont send back the broken one? I did a warranty exchange on the 8830 w/ VZW and I forgot about the old unit till I recently found it in my closet, but theyve never charged me for it and its been a few months already.
    AT&T charged me for a unit that I DID send back, so I guess you got lucky. It took me a long time to get that fixed.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by boob_1029 View Post
    So icaro... any clue yet as to what kind of timeline we are looking at here? do you know when you will be able to resume testing?
    I should be getting the caliper by tomorrow or the next day, so I will be able to start making them to the correct size. I will probably end up investing in a sandblaster as well...I have been wanting one for a while as it is.
    Before I end up buying a sandblaster, I will probably try and texture the balls by grinding them with girt, or maybe even use an acid wash like someone suggested (nut I don't know about that).