Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Well if people are going to be buying these for their BlackBerries then they are ... General Blackberry forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

Well if people are going to be buying these for their BlackBerries then they are going to have to insert it themselves. Not everyone is a tech genius. There will need to be better instructions with very clear and easy to follow digrams along with video instructions as well. It's not brain surgery, but it is tedious because of the small scale, and delicate parts. I got the ball in and out the first time, but on my second attempt to replace the OEM ball, I had already had two grey gooses...I wasn't concentrating good enough.

In any case, Once I get a new phone or part, I will figure out the logistics of my Hand Blown Glass Scroll Marbles. I will perfect it if possible, and the color options will be virtually endless. I will be able to do color combinations, multi colors, opaques, transparent colors, exotics, metallics, color encasements with clear, implosions, custom initials, swirls, twists, filligrana, and dots. I really can't wait to get this working especially for my own BB! These look awesome in the dark!!!!!

I can even get glass that glows in the dark, and glass that reacts to black lights!
    Last edited by icaro2000; 05-21-2008 at 01:09 AM.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I think that these balls need to be transparent, or semi transparent to work well with the LED light. A solid opaque color will not light up and it will appear like a dark ball.

The color options are still limit less though.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    :cry:I just realized how much it sux that my phone doesn't work now.
    I got the OEM ball back in but it doesn't fit well and it is totally not working. I just got this phone last Thursday.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Dude, Ill send you a track ball. Hell, ill send you my whole 8100 for some free ballz! The keyboard dosent work but the track ball does. PM me ill send it priority mail. I lost the battery to it but it works. You can take the ball asembly out of that one and put it in your new phone. Just hook me up with some glow in the dark ones.

I was about to toss it anyway.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

justajason no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242C7F74
    Dude, check flea bay.. They usually have them for like 5 bucks. I would have recommended purchasing a couple replacements before you began experimentation...
    Ugh, couldnt think of anything to change it to.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Wow. That is very cool. I'm totally all for trading like that too.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Ya, then you can experiment on the busted Pearl. That works out nice.. Aren't the stackers the best? That's tight!!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Yeah that is totally cool of phatmanxxl. Pinstack ROCKS. I should have thought of that in the first place. I should have gotten some used BBs to experiment with instead of using my brand new baby pearl 8120.

Does anyone know if the 8100 housing will work in the 8120?
    If it doesn't fit I can always use the 8100 as a test phone for the glass balls.

If I busted the internals of my 8120 where the housing sits, I would be so bummed out. As it is now, it doesn't fit right, and the plastic ring makes a click noise when I press on it. So lame. Blame my excitement. I was so psyched about getting this to work that I might have rushed it.

I don't want to let anyone down either. But know I have to worry about my phone before I can get the glass scroll ball rolling.

Maybe you can send some samples to a stacker that is an expert at taking the housing out and see if they can work with you and confirm it for you and let them keep the test balls? Like the original op or Latin Legacy..

sbhokc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461801B
    PIN me and I will send you a trackball assembly from a waterlogged 8100. I would like to keep the rest of the phone for parts for my sisters 8100. And in return a trackball or two(for me and my sister) would be great. PIN 2461801B ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81208130-c-200_444.html
    This shop has the assembly, and ball housing for 9.00 bucks, but it does not come with the metal retaining clip or ring. The retaining clip is what I busted.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a New Trackball and housing for the pearl 8120 including the retaining clip?

PIN/ID
    2461801B
    Ill send you one for free, PIN me ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think Icaro wants a brand new one for his new 8120, I don't blame him. But he could use the others for testing the glass balls. Is that right Icaro? Wouldn't want to speak for you..

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I think Icaro wants a brand new one for his new 8120, I don't blame him. But he could use the others for testing the glass balls. Is that right Icaro? Wouldn't want to speak for you..

Yes definitely. I could use all the help I can get at the moment. If I can get this rolling, using the old 8100 would be great for testing out the glass scrollballs before selling them.

I thank you all for the help!

First thing in the morning, I'm going to call t-mo to see what I can do. If I cannot get a new one, then I'll be looking into possibly buying a new housing if I can find one with that comes with the metal retaining clip.

PIN/ID
    2461801B
    I understand but I will send you the trackball assembly and the retaining ring. I would love to help. The one I have came off of one that my brother in law dove into the pool with last summer. I dried it instantly but the internals weren't having any part of it.~via BB