Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by rendon WE ARE REALLY STICKING IT TO THE MAN and or RIM ... General Blackberry forum

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rendon View Post
    WE ARE REALLY STICKING IT TO THE MAN and or RIM BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Lol

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    As of right this minute, I am trying to figure out how to remove my trackball without damging anything (knocks on wood). This looks to be a little more involved than I realized, so I want to take my time to remove it and replace it correctly. I have found a photo tutorial on how to clean the track ball here at pinstack, and a few youtube vids. If any one can offer any specific advise about safely removing the trackball, I would greatly appreciate it. Links are good too.

Once I get it apart I will see if one of the 15 marbles I made will be a good fit. If it isnt a good match, I will use the plastic scroll ball as a model to eyeball the correct size.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    As of right this minute, I am trying to figure out how to remove my trackball without damging anything (knocks on wood). This looks to be a little more involved than I realized, so I want to take my time to remove it and replace it correctly. I have found a photo tutorial on how to clean the track ball here at pinstack, and a few youtube vids. If any one can offer any specific advise about safely removing the trackball, I would greatly appreciate it. Links are good too.

Once I get it apart I will see if one of the 15 marbles I made will be a good fit. If it isnt a good match, I will use the plastic scroll ball as a model to eyeball the correct size.
    Check out youtube. There are several trackball removal videos on there. Can't link you one now, because my work computer has youtube blocked.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    I cannot seem to find any youtube vids on how to remove the actual trackball, and not just the housing.

I seriously do not want to mess up my new pearl 8120 by experimenting. The only tutorial I have found that shows how t do this is here on pinstack.

PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Good luck

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Ok. So I removed the track ball, and everyone of my prototypes were too large. so I went back to the shop and eyeballed 5 more using the OEM ball as a model. One out of the 5 was a near match if not perfect fit. I inserted it but there is not responding. I can press down on it and it will select the icon that it is stuck, but it will not move the cursor.

I think there is one of two things that could be wrong here. I either put the housing with the magnets in the wrong position, or The ball is too smooth to be registered by the magnet rollers.

I have a bag of grit somewhere that I might be able to try and put a textured surface on like a psuedo sandblasting job. I would have to figure out how to do this by hand...kind of like a sandpaper job. I might even try sand paper. I read a post above where someone suggested maybe using an acid wash to create a frosted textured surface...maybe this would work out good?

I will go take a quick snap shot to demonstrate how it looks in the housing, but remember, it is not working yet.

Can some one Please post a pick of how the track ball housing and magnets are supposed to be lined up when re-inserting into the phone?

After I post a quick sample pic, I am going to go get some take out for dinner, and then I will continue on the glass scroll project afterwards later on this evening.

Please leave an suggestions you might have. thanks!

Could this help with the magnets? I'm sure you have already found this, but if not...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=38395

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Here is a snapshot of how it looks inserted into the phone.

If anyone can help me with how the housing is supposed to be placed in the phone, I would greatly appreciate it. I am not sure if I have it in there in reverse or not. I know that the tab that looks like a light bulb stem points downwards towards the keys (I think), but I am not sure if I have the magnet rollers in the right direction. The tutorial linked above is supposedly done in reverse, so it is a little confusing of which way the housing is actually supposed to be set. I am going to take it apart in a few minutes, and then reverse the position, to see if that makes a difference. I would prefer if someone could give me a hint on the proper way it should be inserted because I would rather spend the time on the glass ball rather than reinserting it repeatedly.

If the problem is not because of the way I re-inserted the housing, then I assume it is because the glass is too smooth to be registered. If this is the case I am going to try and give the surface a frosted texture by hand. I will use the grit that I have in my glass lab.

I really hope this will work because I personally think it looks really cool.

Last edited by icaro2000; 05-20-2008 at 08:39 PM.

PIN/ID
    32C73EFE
    dude that looks totally awesome

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is freakin awesome!! Sign me up!! Good job!
    Andy

Freaking sweet!!!

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    puhleeeeaaase!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    someone tell me the proper placement and positioning of the trackball housing when inserting into the phone. All I need is a quick snap shot. The one in the tutorial is a little confusing and not quite clear/picture perfect as a reference.

If it is the way I inserted the magnet rollers, then maybe this sample will actually work.....
    if not, then I am going to hit the grinding board again, and start experimenting with textured surfaces.

I am going to take a smoke break.

I will send a free glass scroll ball (if I can get them to work) to the first person to post a photo of the proper placement/alignment of the housing within the next 30 minutes (photo must clearly demonstrate to me how to insert the housing and the correct alignment of the magnet rollers). This offer is only for the ONE person who posts the first picture that CLEARLY demonstrates this positioning. If you post a picture and I cannot follow or understand your example, and then someone else posts a picture demonstrasting this that I can understand, then that second pic will be considered the first pic that CLEARLY demonstrates this for me. Follow me???

Thanks for any help!

skelzer no está en línea Stack level 3
    wow! amazing effect!
    fyi, definitely something I would pay $$ for!
    hope you are able to get these to market.....

here's some replacement parts... you know, just in case

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81208130-c-200_444.html

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by skelzer View Post
    wow! amazing effect!
    fyi, definitely something I would pay $$ for!
    hope you are able to get these to market.....

here's some replacement parts... you know, just in case

http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81208130-c-200_444.html

Thanks fir the link. that is good to know.

My offer still stands. I will give a free glass scroll ball (if we can get this to work) to the first person who posts a picture of how the housing and roller magnets should be properly positioned and inserted into the phone before 9pm eastern standard time....within the next 45 minutes.. And please do not post a pcture or link from the tutorial here on pinstack...I find it too confusing.

I need help here guys!

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have pics, too big for posting. I can email them, if you want them.
    Andy

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast