Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Some illuminated samples. I have yet to learn how to install the scroll ball, so ... General Blackberry forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

Some illuminated samples. I have yet to learn how to install the scroll ball, so these are just resting next to the oem ball.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    So cool Icaro. I love it!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Remember... these are just experimental prototypes. Once I get the caliper, I can make these the exact proper size. I was also rushing through these because I have other work that needed my attention.

I am going to try and find out how to properly change the track ball so I do not ruin my new 8120 in the process. Once I get the oem ball out, I can use it as a model to try and eyeball the correct size. If I can do this, hopefully some time today, I will have one installed.

I am also going to place an order for a sh!t ton of color today. Both opaque, multi, and transparent colors are available. The color options are virtually limitless. I am thinking about doing implosions, murini, insideout, ribbon cane/filagrana, encasements, sandblasting, and possibly even stencil designs. I do not want to get too far ahead of my self though...these are just some ideas I have rolling around in my head.

Stay tuned for more pics and developments!

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

AWESOME!!!

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3

How's the finished texture on these little marbles you made, they still might work if they are smooth, if I remember when I decided to remove my track ball from a dead 8100, the 4 different rollers that actually made contact with the ball itself had a small strip of rubber of them, if that's the case, if the glass ball fits snug enough, it should work flawless, but I do believe that maybe a light acid wash would be the best bet to add a minute amount of texture to the ball, you have something going here, I would definitely buy. And I agree with you when you say selling will be a nightmare, maybe you should just come up with a pack of like.6 or 8 different colors, and just sell them by the pack, not individual, that way the user could just change the ball to what ever color they are feeling that week or whatever. And you wouldn't have to worry about what color needs to go to who. I know I would definitely buy for my curve and for my future bold. Hopefully the bold track ball stays the same size. Good luck man, lots of people on here would be interested in this, there is no question if you would get a decent amount of customers, look how many pinstack members there are.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    A few more pics...
    I was practically falling asleep at the torch when I made these.
    I'm going to keep making these until I get it perfected. I'm also going to order a bunch of color today, and a caliper to measure them. I'm about to crash out now, and when I wake up I'm going to try to figure out how to take the scroll ball out of my 8120, and then see if I can get a glass ball to work.

The last picture is of a couple of implosions that I made last night. They're much bigger than the scroll ball prototypes, but I figured I would post them to give you an idea of what kind of stuff I want to try out with these scroll balls. The rising sun really makes the colors stand out.

zamboni_1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow!

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I like that "amber swirl."

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    thats a great idea and work icaro!

cinematicmatt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D28C7
    wow. all of this has been intriguing. if a glass one works i will TOTALLY be down for one. and i still even like the black ball. gonna give that a shot..

now to find airsoft BB's in nyc...
    Last edited by cinematicmatt; 05-20-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: *typo

lexo no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by icaro2000 View Post
    LatinLagacy and lexo-

Are you guys glass blowers? will you be making these balls by melting and shaping the glass?

I would love to see your examples!
    Saddly i'm not, but it's never too late to learn and i would definately love to learn!But i'll still have some examples!

boob_1029 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32C73EFE

I LOVE those implosions

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    will be posting pics of my black and clear marble glass roller ball
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

pearl-8100 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245ac9c6
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~man if you make some of these I would buy a pack of em. You could make a lot of money from this

rendon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24354f43
    This is an amazing idea I would be down to buy everything you have in the way of glass trackball colors and you are showing RIM that is the BB users will make our own things if they cannot provide our BB needs I love this great job icaro and Latinlegacy keep up up the amazing work WE ARE REALLY STICKING IT TO THE MAN and or RIM BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast