I have a problem that I hope someone has a solution to: Whenever I send ... General Blackberry forum

donovanl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c0c1b3

Repeat Messages

Advertisement

I have a problem that I hope someone has a solution to:

Whenever I send a message from the handheld (not PIN, just email), I get the sent message and then I receive another duplicate copy of the message I just sent. It arriives as a new message in the message list. As far as I know, my settings are correct. However, it is possible that something is awry.

I have a BB 7250 with OS 4.1 (Verizon). I use the internet interface for my non-corporate email addresses (gmail and Cox Communications). My corporate email is funneled through the enterprise server.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
    Donovan

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Repeat Messages

This is normal. Your BB is automatically set to send a copy of each message u send out. To fix this, go to Messages>Options>General Options and change the option that says Hide Sent Messages from No to Yes.

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Welcome to pinstack.com donovanl!~ = )
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

PIN/ID
    32c0c1b3

Thank you for the welcome.

My problem does not lie in having a copy of my sent message in the message list.

I have the sent copy (the one with the status of the message on the left) and then a short time later I receive another copy of the message that appears in the message list as an unopened message.

Additionally, if I send an email from my desktop, I receive a duplicate message on my handheld as an unopened message.

In other words, any time I send an email from an account that I have associated with my handheld, I receive a new, unopened, duplicate copy of the sent message aside from the message that is supposed to be in the sent message folder or the message list on the device.

Donovan
    BB 7250 v. 4.1.0.268

aosmith Guest

im having the same problem and its really and i agree its really annoying ill be sure to let you know if i find anything else

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I would remove the email from the BIS sync. Then try sending email to make sure you don't receive even one on your BB. It's possible that you have it set to also forward from your email account.

PIN/ID
    32c0c1b3

I have tried removing all of the email services from the BlackBerry Internet Service and then restoring them. I can't remove my corporate email which is controlled throught he enterprise server. However, the enterprise server is only redirecting my corporate email. I am not running the Desktop Redirector, only the Internet redirector.

I have an email address with cox.net and gmail.com.

With cox.net, I did not have to make any changes to the setup in order for the internet service to redirect the messages. Previously I was accessing those messages via Outlook or the Cox webmail.

With gmail.com, I tried enabling pop and then adding the account to the BlackBerry Internet Service. I also tried disabling the pop access and forwarding incoming messages (only incoming) to my vzw.blackberry.net address.

I also fiddled with all of the message options on the device itself. I have since restored them to the settings before I started fiddling.

I'm stumped.