Hey ! I have an icon, Yahoo Messenger, still on my desktop on my RIM ... General Blackberry forum

splackavella no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    200946ED

Question Repair OS ?

Advertisement

Hey !

I have an icon, Yahoo Messenger, still on my desktop on my RIM handheld .. but i don't understand that it's still standing there cause i delete the application.. and it's not standing at options->applications

so is the programm still at my bb ? or only the icon? and how can i delete it ..

I got a lot of applications on my bb that i wanna delete, if I install OS 4.0 again on my bb, is everything than gone or still the same?

Thanks

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Re: Repair OS ?

I had that happen on my 8830 and it's beyond irritating! I wiped my BB and reloaded the OS and it takes things back to factory specs. Clean as a whistle, nice and fresh!

You can wipe your handheld through Options->Security Options->General Settings->blackberry button-> Wipe Handheld but I suggest using the JL_Cmder that's a free downloade here..
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ds/links/5/452

Or if you don't want to go through all the hastle and Memory isn't a problem for you, you could always just Hide the icon! BB Button over the icon and select Hide.
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

PIN/ID
    200946ED

I already whiped it!
    But BB button over the icon ? what do u mean ..

Striker911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180F95E

i think he means to hide the icon scroll to the icon with the trackwheel or ball hold down alt and click in give you the hide/show all

PIN/ID
    200946ED

but is my appliciation gone?

and how can i reset my bb to how i get it from the beginning?
    the oldest version and with extra no applications

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

No, if you hide it, it's still there just out of site.

Splack, when you wiped it you're still showing the dead icon? That's an issue I've never had! What service provider do you have and is that Yahoo icon there when you got your BB? I'm on Verizon and they issue no messengers other than the BlackBerry Messenger.

I assume at this point that your service provider issued you the Yahoo messenger. That being the case, maybe that's an icon you cannot remove! It may be part of your SP's OS in which case you would probably either have to hide it like I suggested or possibly load another SP's OS, but don't do that until you find out from an expert here if that is an option.

When you wiped it and reloaded your OS, did you load the original OS or the latest? It almost sounds like the newer OS has the Yahoo on it apposed to the original not having it. If you want it just like you bought it, find out what OS you had and load that although any updates from your SP won't be there. If you can live with that, then I would do that. If the app is gone from you app list and you just hate the look of the icon, I would personally just hide it.
    Last edited by LPTruth; 12-02-2007 at 12:38 PM.
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons