/I have an unlocked BB Bold with tmobile. I cannot set up my personal email ... General Blackberry forum

alextabet no está en línea Stack level 3

Removing Enterprise "lock" on BB Device?

/I have an unlocked BB Bold with tmobile.
    I cannot set up my personal email because it does not give me that option - all it says is that enterprise email is configured...
    I also dont have browser.. but my EDGE is in caps.
    Any thoughts...?
    I dont even have an enterprise button on my home screen...

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried wiping it? It may have some IT policy on it
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm just asking because I've seen this before. Do you have a data plan? Without a data plan you won't be able to have personal email. Just thought I'd ask
    BlackBerry8330/ Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    I'm guessing the device was used when you purchased it as it sounds like you have one that used to be on BES. I would start by checking for an IT policy, removing it if necessary, and wiping the device. Programs like BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss-Army Knife) work great for removing the policy and wiping the device clean.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    Actually it seems that the problem may be simpler than an IT Policy. T-Mobile does not have the service books available over the network for a Bold. The instructions I found online concerning unlocking a bold involve removing the browser, adding Generic T-Mobile service books and reinstalling the browser to get everything working the way it should. The information needed is the same as for setting a Storm up on T-Mobile and requires the same tools. I will hunt the info down and link it.

Last edited by Amigotek; 08-29-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Added Link