I am new and have a 8830 from sprint. I have had a treo for ... General Blackberry forum

cmpfau no está en línea Stack level 2

Removing Battery

Advertisement

I am new and have a 8830 from sprint. I have had a treo for about 5 years and have some questions. With the treo you had to do a soft reset every night to clear it out. Do you have to do that with the 8830 and if so what do you do? Also, I listened to a wav. file, does that get saved some where and again if so do I have to delete it? Thanks.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Re: Removing Battery

With Blackberries, a Battery Pull reset clears out memory and cleans up minor problems with apps. If your phone suddenly starts doing quirky things, the battery pull often cures it.

Not necessary to do it nightly, but once or twice a week isn't a bad idea.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

i do mine...ummmm havent done it for last two weeks or so, works just fine. i set mine to clear out registry each time it goes on lock, so its like each time i put my BB in a holster, it cleans out. Thats just one reason why treo is inferrior

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

I don't really every do a battery pull unless my BB is acting quirky. It's pretty rare that it's really needed. If you find yourself performing frequent battery pulls you should really check into what the cause is...

cmpfau no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks. So when I listen to a wav. file, I dont have to go and delete the wav. file or do anything else.

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by GeneKam
    i do mine...ummmm havent done it for last two weeks or so, works just fine. i set mine to clear out registry each time it goes on lock, so its like each time i put my BB in a holster, it cleans out. Thats just one reason why treo is inferrior
    Gene would you be so kind as to post the keystrokes for this.