i want to know if maybe i am looking at something wrong i have bought ... General Blackberry forum

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

reloading third party appys on new phone

Advertisement

i want to know if maybe i am looking at something wrong i have bought a bunch of different third party softwear for my 8100. well i won a sweet 8310 here on the stacks from nick.
    now my question or problem is shouldnt i be able to use the third party appys on my new curve i am going to give my pearl to my gf so she will also use the appys to but i shouldnt have to buy them again wright?

you wouldnt do that for softwear you bought for your computer in your home if you had 4 computers like i do in my home i would go broke buying softwear for each one.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Well there are a few things that could be going on here.

1- Your 3rd party apps were model specific
    2- Your 3rd party apps were version specific
    3- Your 3rd party apps were PIN specific
    4- Your new phone doesn't accept the file type, screen size, or something related to the way the app runs on a phone...of your 3rd party apps

You might have to DL the apps for your new phone again if its anything above.

Many apps are specific to the phone you bought them for because the developers don't want you selling or giving the apps to other people for free. Or in this case putting it on your new phone for free.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In the past I've contacted the vendor directly,(for purchased software) explained that I got a new phone and they always send me an updated download link and sometimes a new reg code.don't mention that you'll still use the old phone or they may invalidate the prior registration.
    Lis

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    i guess i see it both ways. it is just way to expensive to keep buying the same thing over and over.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3
    Just contact the developer let them know u have a new bb and send the PIN to them along with make model of the bb....and u should be good to go, it will take them a little while to get back to you so be patient!!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    thanks butterfly2 i have done that but like e-mobile gave me a hard time and now empower seems to not work on the pearl now.it works with the curve but now the pearl says register.i will get it sooner or later i dont really want to spend more money on the same softwear for both my phones