I would like to see RIM & CDMA carriers work together in releasing new BB's ... General Blackberry forum

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Release new BB's quicker to all carriers

Advertisement

I would like to see RIM & CDMA carriers work together in releasing new BB's quicker, and maybe even before GSM carriers.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Release new BB's quicker to all carriers

GSM is the biggest market for phones. Normal that they release them GSM in the first place. I'm happy to be with a GSM carrier, we kick the *** of our competitor hehe.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree Chris. Right now its a battle of who has the most zero's on their check. I'd be happy to see 30 day exclusives at most, and the release to all the remaining carriers all at once.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

GSM may be the biggest market in the rest of the world, but here in the US CDMA definitely prevails. Sprint and Verizon being at the top, Cingular and TMO being at the bottom...

I just want a nicer BB...

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I agree that GSM is really cool, especially the SIM so you can switch out phones daily, BUT CDMA (specifically Verizon) has much better coverage. I would have loved to get my Pearl with Vzw instead of Tmobile... but it works so I'm happy
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    I would like to see RIM & CDMA carriers work together in releasing new BB's quicker, and maybe even before GSM carriers.
    Dreams..
    That would be nice!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree Chris. Right now its a battle of who has the most zero's on their check. I'd be happy to see 30 day exclusives at most, and the release to all the remaining carriers all at once.
    I totally agree Todd!

blownbyboost no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2497293d

i will argue the cdma/gsm battle. i have tmo and have great service except for minor areas here and there(1 being where i live now) but my friend i live with has verizon and i see first hand that verizon is not what its talked up to be he is alway loosing calls and has poor service often(with more than one phone). for what i get for what i pay for tmo is #1.
    i had a line with sprint back a bit less than 6 months ago and ported to a hybrid, i have been around all types of phones and there providers and i stand behind tmobile 100000%%% they are mocked for chappy service in rural areas and its true! they are aware of that and are doing something about it- hundreds of new towers a year. give it five years and tmo will be a leader in the USA as it already is in the UK

fbriceno97 Guest

The GSM could be the system that many people around the world use.... but talking about technical facts the CDMA/EVDO kicks GSM f***ing *** a long way you can hardly see it.

Edge connection is: 364kbps (top) :cry:
    EVDO is: 2,400.00 kpbs (at least)

So do the math, EVDO is the best for data connection, is more secure than GSM!

But (there is some f***ing but), GSM was the first to be introduced around the globe and this give the advantage of receiving top of the line models first ($$$$ issues)

ps: i also have a motorola K1M EVDO capable phone, and when speed is needed this is the man!

Cheers
    Last edited by fbriceno97; 04-23-2007 at 12:10 PM.