Not by any means my choice here but... Our West Coast office is dumping their ... General Blackberry forum

BBAndi no está en línea Stack level 1

Redirector to BES....

Advertisement

Not by any means my choice here but... Our West Coast office is dumping their Treos and getting on board with blackberry!!! Great news yes, but.... They are not cutting over their exchange to our exchange until mid-October.....they will have the bbs in hand soon and want to first set them up using redirector...ugh then when they are actually on the company WAN using the same systems as the rest of us they will switch to our BES.

I need any tips/tricks that anyone has in making this go as quickly and easily as possible!! I also need a list of the differences the users will see in the operation of the bb once they join the wonderful world of BES!!! I know some of the differences but if anyone has been down this road I would really appreciate any insight!

Thanks!

mafi050 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Redirector to BES....

Just finishing the same process myself. Couple of things i have gone through:

- Verify the your carrier has provisioned the BB for enterprise activation. Otherwise they will never activate on BES

- Removing redirector from each client machine is a 20-30 min process

As far as your end user experience:

- Added calender and contact wireless sync, as well as email reconcilation. My users were excited about the fact that when they delete an email in Outlook, it deleteson their BB and vice versa.
    - Also the ability to open attachments has been huge for them.

I am still in the process of tweaking IT Policy on BES, but so far so good.

Good Luck!

BBAndi no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Redirector to BES....

thank you very much!!