I am using redirector to send and retrieve my work emai. I am on the ... General Blackberry forum

ck79 no está en línea Stack level 1

Redirector Issues

Advertisement

I am using redirector to send and retrieve my work emai. I am on the Cingular BIS plan but have been using redirector at work since october. Recently, redirector has started acting up, I am able to recieve messages but am not able to send messages. Also everything seems to be going into the pending messages table. On top of that the date and time of last email sent and last email recieved by the bb says last saturday which I know is not true because I am able to recieve message currently. I have spoken to Cingular and RIM and niehter has been able to solve my problem. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling numerous times but with no luck, in fact after a reinstall the BB status changes to veryifying forwarding address it does not say running unless I do a system restore to last week when everything was working fine.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Redirector Issues

Redirector has a lot of issues. I highly recommend not using it. Unfortunately, as I've never been able to get it to run reliably I really don't have any useful advice for your situation other than to switch to BIS or BES.

miles_troope no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Redirector has a lot of issues. I highly recommend not using it. Unfortunately, as I've never been able to get it to run reliably I really don't have any useful advice for your situation other than to switch to BIS or BES.
    I agree wholeheartedly. Redirector realyl doesn't cut the mustard, and it best avoided. I also sadly can't really help with this one

diaz1023 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~does your employer allow web access to the work emails? If so you would be able to receive the emails using bis instead of redirector.

Yes I can access it using bis and or with the mail connector, the porblem is the delay seems to be longer and I do not have the ability to use mail folders as well a sync only to mt personnal contacts and not to all my outlook contacts

Finally have resolved the issue. After hours on the phone with rim and countless installs and reinstalls and gernerating keys about 100x, the solution was to simply reduce the sensitivity of the exchange filter. What happened was an update to the exchange server raised the filter level thus blocking the ept.dat file to reach the outlook inbox. This issue caused redirector to say veryfying forwarding address and prevented the stats from changing. Once the filter was adjusted redirector works flawlessly, much better than the bis I was using as a short term solution and without the 15-20 minute delays in recieving emails.
    Last edited by ck79; 02-06-2007 at 12:40 AM.

cisco112982 no está en línea Stack level 1

sorry to ask this here but this is the only most recent forum i could find .. as far as ringtones go? is there any way i couyld upload my ringtones into my bb 8700 v4.1 without having to use my blackberry browser? could i just transfer them using my desktop manager? =)

cltgt no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Redirector Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ck79
    Finally have resolved the issue. After hours on the phone with rim and countless installs and reinstalls and gernerating keys about 100x, the solution was to simply reduce the sensitivity of the exchange filter. What happened was an update to the exchange server raised the filter level thus blocking the ept.dat file to reach the outlook inbox. This issue caused redirector to say veryfying forwarding address and prevented the stats from changing. Once the filter was adjusted redirector works flawlessly, much better than the bis I was using as a short term solution and without the 15-20 minute delays in recieving emails.
    I am having the same issue with a client's blackberry. how did you adjust the filter level on exchange?

On the exchange server go to system manager- global settings right click on message delivery select properties. Select the intelligent message filter. Set both to 8 or 9, wait about 10 minutes and restart redirector , everything should work fine after that.

This is a better fix and does not involve changing filtering levels.
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2015508663