Hello Stackers, I'm using a BB 8310 on a corporate BES and I'm experiencing something ... General Blackberry forum

marian_h no está en línea Stack level 1

Recurring Events

Advertisement

Hello Stackers,

I'm using a BB 8310 on a corporate BES and I'm experiencing something weird.
    Some of the annual events that recur every year are not showing on my BB calendar, especially birthdays.
    When I set a birthday for someone on Outlook and set the birth date in 20/30/40 years back the past the event is not showing on the BB calendar. The work around this is to edit the date on Outlook to the next upcoming day and save it (then it showes up on the BB) and then save it again with the date change back to the birth year. After saving the event is not deleted from the BB.

Anyone encounter this issue or any other recurring Outlook events not showing on a BB? Any solution in hand?

Thanks,
    Hagay.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Recurring Events

Not sure why you would want to set it back that far...by default the BB is set to not keep more than 60 or 90 days in the past. It saves memory space on the device.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Are you actually putting the birthdays into the birthday column? Don't make an appointment for it, just put in in the birthday column and it should work fine. All my birthdays show up every time. It shouldn't matter what year it is.

Hope that helps.

marian_h no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't wish to set the birthday on the BB so much to the past. When you set a birthday in Outlook for someone who was born on January 1st, 1967 it is not showing on the BB unless I go to the outlook event and change it to January 1st, 2008 and save - now the record is showing on the BB, then (If I want to restore it to the correct year this person was born) I can change it back to 1967 and the record stays on the BB.