I was just in a horrific accident last night...totaled my car got pretty banged up. ... General Blackberry forum

kingsham no está en línea Stack level 2

Recover my curve???

Advertisement

I was just in a horrific accident last night...totaled my car got pretty banged up. Car smashed i walked out alive so i thank god for that. But my curve was on my seat...we found it this afternoon in the field...its got some condensation on the inside....is it possible that i could let it dry out maybe even take it apart to dry and it still work? what could i do warranty wise....?

reyno2ac no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244ed125
    Quote Originally Posted by kingsham View Post
    I was just in a horrific accident last night...totaled my car got pretty banged up. Car smashed i walked out alive so i thank god for that. But my curve was on my seat...we found it this afternoon in the field...its got some condensation on the inside....is it possible that i could let it dry out maybe even take it apart to dry and it still work? what could i do warranty wise....?

I don't think warranty will cover it if it tripped the moisture sensor.

I've seen members suggest taking the batter out and placing it in a bowl of uncooked rice. Either way, don't turn it on for a while so that it can dry out.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Take the battery and sim card out. Blow dry it on low heat with a dryer. Let it sit in the bowl of rice overnight and that should remove all moisture. I honestly wish there was a change in the warranty policy because life happens and a phone is going to be accidentally dropped, get wet, etc.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    yeah that wouldnt be warranty that would a insurance claim then lol

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Worry about your berry later. Glad that your ok, you should still go see a doctor, even though you think your ok.

As for your berry, take out the battery and let it dry out by it self for a couple of days.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hope that you are doing okay after this accident. As flash said, take care of yourself.

As for the BB, give it plenty of time to dry out. I have found that it works great to put it on a TV or monitor.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

anjwolf07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3038CA9E
    Thank God that you are alive and able to enjoy more time with family and friends.Just hope that your phone can and will work but realize it can EASILY be replaced- you cannot be replaced.

Here's to a quick recovery!

Aaron
    Honolulu, HI

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by anjwolf07 View Post
    Thank God that you are alive and able to enjoy more time with family and friends.Just hope that your phone can and will work but realize it can EASILY be replaced- you cannot be replaced.

Here's to a quick recovery!

Aaron
    Honolulu, HI
    Ditto-glad you are OK! unless it was submersed in water, it should work if you allow it to dry out before you try to use it again.

yeah...thanks guys...i was on my way home from work...and i just lost controll of the car...i just got my license....and this is a really bad way to spend my spring break....

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yea cant replace your life. You can always get another BB.

ok ive let my phone dry out..,.adn blow dried it...the screen came once with a pretty dead battery and ive put a fresh battery in and all i keep getting is the red light what do i do?

well the phone wasnt submurged in water...and the car wasnt full coverage so idk...ima see about the warranty and all the other stuff...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling Desktop Manager on your PC. Then reinstalling the latest Operating System for your BB model. Delete the vendor.xml file. Connect the BB to the PC. Install the OS. Disconnect after it reboots.

i let the curve dry out...it came on...it works for a while then cuts off...so ima jus bear down and order another one....

do these look good?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AT-T-BLACKBERRY-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-8310-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACKBERRY-8310-...QQcmdZViewItem

those look like good auctions...

anyone?