what exactly is this feature and what's it do?... General Blackberry forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

Reconcile Now....

what exactly is this feature and what's it do?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm pretty sure that's only relevant when you're on BES. It'll delete the messages off the server that you've deleted on your handheld. If you're on BES it does this automatically, but you can do it immediately with that feature.

uncleman no está en línea Stack level 3
    RoGro, that's correct. It immediately syncs your BES server and handheld emails in both directions instead of waiting for it to happen automatically.

Bnorwood1 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm not saying that's not true or anything, this is just an experience I had and may be coincidence- Last week on my way home, I went through a part of the road where I didn't have service for about 45 minutes. When I got service again, I hit reconcile now and about one second later it said I had a new email and text message. That may have been coincidence when I clicked it, but I'm leaning more towards it works with BIS also... Correct me if I am wrong...
    "That was why I had got into my car and headed West, because when you don't like it where you are you always go West. We have always gone West." - Jack Burden

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (
    I agree that it works with BIS too. When I delete mail, I can choose to delete on phone only or on the server too. When I use the reconcile now command, it immediately checks for new mail and deletes those chosen emails off of the server.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    TP2 :D
    Never got mine to work. Never does anything I pick it.

T-Mobile Curve 8320 - OS!

~via BB (