Iv been using the gmail app to check my mail but it prevents me from ... General Blackberry forum

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540

Reconcile Email issue

Advertisement

Iv been using the gmail app to check my mail but it prevents me from doing certian things so i want to use my phones software but for some reason it wont reconcile my new mail.... it worked when i initially set it up but know it doesnt... anyone had this issue before? or have any idea how to go about fixing it? im going to try and delete my email accounts and reset them up to see how that works out....

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Reconcile Email issue

The BlackBerry does not reconcile non Enterprise email. Gmail is BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). While you can delete (permanently by the way) emails on both your BlackBerry and your GMail, if you delete it in GMail, it will NOT be deleted on your BlackBerry.

Email will automatically be deleted once it ages past the "Keep messages for" setting (except for saved messages), and unless you set this to "Forever", should not present a memory problem - and even if it does, the BlackBerry will automatcially delete the oldest emails when it needs the space.

Of course, this has nothing to do with the GMail app which should reflect your actual GMail inbox.
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    32c95540

This is great info but how can I get it to work again like pop3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

That is the same thing. SMTP is the outgoing mail server, POP3 is the incoming mail server.

BIS handles SMTP/POP3 as well as IMAP email accounts, and in fact should be able to use any email account accessible through a Web page - like Outlook Web Access (OWA).

NOTE: If you have access to a Corporate OWA system, check with your IT/Security department or policies to make sure they allow BlackBerry access that way. At some organizations, this type of access can be not only illegal, but a terminable offense!
    JerryD

PIN/ID
    32c95540

Im not on a BES. Iv just given up on getting it to work ill just have to use the gmail app for my blackberry... wich suck because it has so many flaws.

I can send mail out through any email account but dont recieve them to my blackberry if anyone can help just pin me plz and thank you..
    Check out my art at http://slater101.deviantart.com