I am getting these text messages from 1111470500 with a message reading "WVC1.1234567" I just ... General Blackberry forum

salvatoretri no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2457af8e

recieving weird text measages!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

I am getting these text messages from 1111470500 with a message reading "WVC1.1234567"

I just have gotten 200 msgs since last night and am ready to throw my curve through the wall!!

Please save this curve and help me figure out why i keep gettting them.

Thank you!!

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Quote Originally Posted by salvatoretri View Post
    I am getting these text messages from 1111470500 with a message reading "WVC1.1234567"

I just have gotten 200 msgs since last night and am ready to throw my curve through the wall!!

Please save this curve and help me figure out why i keep gettting them.

Thank you!!
    It's not your Curve, it's spam. You can go into Options > Security > Firewall and there will be an option to block SMS, but this will block all SMS.

PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    i appreciate the advice, but i really dont want to disable text messaging and block all messages

MoJay no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3018D089
    if it continues...time for a new number??

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Call your provider, they may be able to tell you how to block it, but the spammer may just start sending it from a different number and cause this all over. You may need to change your number, either way.....that's a crappy way to start your day!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    2457af8e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tried calling att but of course they aren't open on sundays.

The messages have since stopped, thanks to all..

Thankfully I have unlimited messages!!!

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    If it's any consolation, I get these weird messages too not only on my BB but on my Nextel (work) phone.

The problem is that I have to have my Nextel phone on 24x7 and I often get messsages from our system when there are problems.

It seems that this spam comes in spurts - I'll get quite a few for a little bit, and then it will stop for a while. It is definitely annoying to say the least.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Strange... Wouldn't spam be pushing something -- trying to sell you something or get you to visit some website?!

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I remember getting weird text messages after I had stopped using an MSN Messenger account specifically for my phone. I think I was using it with the OZ application. Once I uninstalled OZ, I would get all these text messages (about 100/hour). What I did was logged into that MSN Messenger account that I had setup for my phone, on my PC. Then I logged off that account and logged back into the account for my computer. Once I did that the messages stopped.

I guess it is constantly sending out a request to see where that account is, and since the last time you accessed that account was on your phone, it sends those messages. Once you log onto that account from another device (ie- a computer) it will stop sending those messages to the phone.

Hope this helps.

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    You would think they would have enabled the firewall to block per message information such as number or address instead of all sms

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the number you showed is and att net server tring to connect you phone to the server I use to get it too. I called att (611) and hed it fixed