This actually isnt my problem but a friend's... 1st, he had an 8320 and I ... General Blackberry forum

ju1ce no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24781FD9

Rebooting by itself...virus in backup file?

Advertisement

This actually isnt my problem but a friend's...

1st, he had an 8320 and I helped him load a beta 4.5 before the official was released. Soon after, it began rebooting by itself, so I had him put 4.2. back on it. After 4.5 was officially released by tmobile, I had him load it, and it started doing the same thing. So I put 4.2 back on it. Then after he loaded his backup, it began rebooting again. So we thought maybe it was the device. Tmobile sent him a new device with 4.5 already loaded, and after putting his info back into the phone, its rebooting again. Could it be a virus on something corrupt in his backup file? Ive dealt with rebooting issues before, but Ive never seen this

Check out The RPZ (The Replacementz)...http://www.therpz.com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ju1ce,

Does he have a media card? If so, when you helped him load the beta 4.5, did you leave it in the device?

Roger

PIN/ID
    24781FD9
    Im bout to ask him, but I think so

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If he does, have him take the card out and see if the rebooting stops.

If it does, he'll need to offload any media on the card and reformat it in the device.

More info, if necessary:

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, you might notice that some of the pictures have nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

Within Roxio Media Manager, use the top window to show the pictures on the PC and the bottom window to show the device. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. Change that to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of the pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but you might notice that some of them had that column blank.

Next, select all of the pictures and then deselect those that had that column blank and copy them back to your media card. You might not able to get all of your pictures back on the media card, but you should only lose a few.

PIN/ID
    24781FD9
    Thankx alot...imma tell him to try that!!!