Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

After installing the OS on the PC, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and ... General Blackberry forum

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

After installing the OS on the PC, go to
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ok, got into C>Comm files>RIM> I dont see aApp loader icon I do see a LoaderLauncher.dll Loader Tool Desktop Ext, is that it? I clicked on it and it asked me did I want to run it and I said yes, then it asked what program I wanted to use, I selected Explorer to open it and it would not open

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Chokem: Reading about your dilemma makes me feel a little green about the gills.

I've never encountered this problem before, but I did stumble across this thread a few weeks ago, and I am hoping it will help: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html.

Please don't give up, yet. I'd hate to see you throw away $50, since there might be a possible fix here. And besides, at least it isn't your only BlackBerry. Good luck!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    Chokem: Reading about your dilemma makes me feel a little green about the gills.

I've never encountered this problem before, but I did stumble across this thread a few weeks ago, and I am hoping it will help: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...connected.html.

Please don't give up, yet. I'd hate to see you throw away $50, since there might be a possible fix here. And besides, at least it isn't your only BlackBerry. Good luck!
    thanks, Im down to deleting the vendorxml on the DTM app loader, I found the vendor xml inC>prog files>RIM>APP loader>vendor xml when I click on the icon to open it I get an Activex messge, and I click allow blocked content and it opens the next page but has no content on it, I got this far!

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    Chokem: I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    Chokem: I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you!
    thanks guys for the support-Im right ther. if I could delete the vendor xml, Im in. When i click on the vendor xml icon, I get a Norton top bar-Internet Explorer has restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX click here for options>i click it> allow blocked content> secuity window pos up-are you sure> yes>then a page comes up with<vendorsrc version="0.0.0.0"/> the rest of the page is blan, thats all there is on that page. Now should I just right click on the vendor.xml icon and hit delete or would that just delete the icon and not its function? Im close guys.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    right click and delete... you will be fine

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    right click and delete... you will be fine
    OK, Im gonna try that. I'll be back in a few

PIN/ID
    nada
    that didnt work:cry: when I put my battery in and usb real fast it says USB Pin 238598 and then it says USB Pin unknown and then goes to the App loader wizard. the apps on the 8700 dont show up are you sure just deleting the vendorxml icon would delete its function also?

OK, sorry, I had to do some stuff for a few. I did not give up.

Did you download the latest OS for the BB from here?: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2BAA6EBC8B872D

This is listed as the latest OS. If this is not the one you are using then uninstall the one you have and install this on the PC. *Note, the OS for your other BB can remain on the system since it is for a different model.

After installing the OS on the PC, go to this location and find the vendor.xml file: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    The location you gave above is not the same as what I gave you. Check the folder path carefully. Once you find the vendor.xml, right click on it and choose delte from the context menu that appears as Stacey stated.

After installing the OS on to the PC, and deleting the vendor.xml file. Follow the KB article I referenced earlier. That should walk you through the OS replacement. Like it says. Click the next button when you see the USB PIN and before the loop continues.

Let me know. I will be mobile but here.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I have 4.2.2 on my pc now. You said that you install two diff OS on the same pc? I will try that. thank you doughdaddy for your help, I may not be able to do this, but I truly appreciate everyones help on the Stacks. it will take me a while. back later

PIN/ID
    nada
    went to the link you gave me-for Hutchison customers. the only 8700 listed is a 8700g, mine is a 8700c (cingular). Im guessing it will still work. Also, the only version for it thats not chinese is a multi-language 4.1.0.529 is this the one I need to download?

That os was listed on JD's Blog for the 8700. The Chinese versions also include English. If you need to, download one from Cingular for yours and try that.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 04-20-2008 at 03:21 PM.

PIN/ID
    nada
    ok, doing it now back later

PIN/ID
    nada
    doughdaddy, I installed the OS for the 8700, and when it got time to extract it and save it to the PC, it said-you have a newer version of the desktop software installed, uninstall it before you install this version. Man, Im done, Ive spent 8 hrs trying to get this and the unseen forces combined with my limited computer skills have got the best of me. Im gonna pay the $50 bucks and have a nice 8700 to go along with my 8300. Thanks to all of my fellow Stackers who helped me try. Thanks guys

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast