Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Figure out where you saved it, or save it again to the ... General Blackberry forum

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Figure out where you saved it, or save it again to the Desktop.
    Once downloaded, right click on the file and select "Extract files". Once completed,

Double-click on the new JL_Cmder folder located on the desktop. Double-click on the JL_cmder.exe file, to install the program.

Now open the COMMAND prompt.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    i get to the command prompt box, then i typed in-c:\programfiles\jl_cmder and it tells me no path is found you said to navigate but i can scroll up and down and that is not there

PIN/ID
    nada
    I unzipped it, downladed it, got the tool looking icon etc. pulled up command box it says c:\Documents and Settings\Glenn Choate> then I type in c:\program files\jl_cmder and hit enter it now says c:\program is not recognized as an internal or externalcomment or cammand, operable program or batch file

PIN/ID
    nada
    no luck! java loader wouldnt recognize the port. I guess I'll send it to the guys at BB Repair Monday. I bet I never do that again. Much thanks to Dolphinrich for all his help!!!!

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    dolphinrich has you on the right track... it sounds like you might be having trouble navigating in DOS. download this shortcut to make your job easier...

http://www.4shared.com/file/44659734...rShortcut.html

once unzipped and double-clicked, it will open up the command dos prompt to the exact folder that JL_Cmder should be installed on your computer. then follow dolphinrich's instructions and hopefully you can save that baby! good luck man.
    ...always tinkering...

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    no luck! java loader wouldnt recognize the port. I guess I'll send it to the guys at BB Repair Monday. I bet I never do that again. Much thanks to Dolphinrich for all his help!!!!

when javaloader has a problem with the port, it is because your blackberry has mass storage turned OFF. see if you cant go through and turn this option on. its in the options>advanced options>media card.

dont give up on us yet !
    ...always tinkering...

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    ok, I was on ebay and decided to pick up another 8700, just to have(had a couple before I bought my 8300). Went to auction and got it for $43.99 incl. S&H. Got it yesterday, very nice, screen clear, trackwheel tight-a steal. I decided to download a couple of themes. I downloaded a 4.2 theme on my 4.1 8700-BIG mistake. Hour glass-red alert death. I KNEW better than to do that, dont know why I did it.
    If it makes you feel any better I did this on a 7105t. I loaded a theme that was for a 7730 (I think I misread the theme descripton as being a 7730 theme FOR the 7100 series. I was up til 5 AM recovering that thing LOL).

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhokk222 View Post
    when javaloader has a problem with the port, it is because your blackberry has mass storage turned OFF. see if you cant go through and turn this option on. its in the options>advanced options>media card.

dont give up on us yet !
    the 8700 doesnt have a media card, so no mass storage. This thing is DOA, man, I mean hour glass 5 second, red LED for three seconds, over and over. I couldnt get to the options anyway. Hey, thank you for tryin to help me. I get the Pinstack Bonehead Move of the month award I guess!

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    If it makes you feel any better I did this on a 7105t. I loaded a theme that was for a 7730 (I think I misread the theme descripton as being a 7730 theme FOR the 7100 series. I was up til 5 AM recovering that thing LOL).
    I think, by reading the posts, a lot of folks do this. I have a question though-why does the DTM app loader let you load this and does not kick it out by saying no additional apps for your device like it does everytime, lol, I try to load a theme on my 8300?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I guess different versions and different BB's act differently. I wonder what the 8120 will do when I attempt to load the 3 custom themes I have on my 8100 (I have the files saved to my desktop along with the device OS if needed).

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    chokem,
    jl_cmder won't work easily in this situation. The BB won't stay connected long enough to the PC for it to read it. Read this KB Article here:
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searc...200%2040770705

When you get done reading it, read it again. Follow the instructions very carefully. It will direct you to connect the BB and capture it before the reboot loop starts again. If done correctly, and in time, it will allow you to wipe and reinstall the OS. I recommend upgrading to the latest OS and not do a back up as long as you have no info on it.

PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks Doughdaddy, I had seen this thread Friday night, downloaded 4.1 DTM and tried this. It still wouldnt work, and I did exactly as the instructions said. If I wanted to try this again, would I hae to downlaod 4.1 again? I erased it as I have 4.2.2 for my 8300.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Download the 4.3 DM from here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
    Install the OS on your PC from any vendor, just remember to delete the vendor.xml file after installing. Follow the directions carefully. As I said, it is a timed operation to capture the BB at the right moment. If it doesn't capture it, or you are to slow on when to do it, it will enter the reboot loop and you will have to retry.
    It may take several attempts but it will work.

PIN/ID
    nada
    I did what it says in KB02141, get the Pin dialog box, it gives me pin#xxxxx, i press enter then the app laoder add box comes up , but thats all, it wont let me go from there, its still not seeing the device, only my PC

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    Download the 4.3 DM from here:
    http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/
    Install the OS on your PC from any vendor, just remember to delete the vendor.xml file after installing. Follow the directions carefully. As I said, it is a timed operation to capture the BB at the right moment. If it doesn't capture it, or you are to slow on when to do it, it will enter the reboot loop and you will have to retry.
    It may take several attempts but it will work.
    thats the problem, what is and how do I delete the vendor.xml file?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast