Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My contract with AT&T is up, and my Pearl has a few problems now so ... General Blackberry forum

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3

ready for next BB, but not sure which way to go

Advertisement

My contract with AT&T is up, and my Pearl has a few problems now so I'm ready to upgrade. However I'm not really sure what's the best "bang for your buck" phone out right now. I really like the Bold, but it's also really expensive. I was thinking of getting a Curve 8310, but not sure if that'll be enough of an upgrade from the pearl to be enjoyable.

I don't have to stick with ATT so my options are pretty open, but I'm not sure where the cheapest place to get phones with a new plan are. Amazon seems to have the best prices but there may be better stuff out there.

So what are some opinions on the current offering of BBs, and what's the best place to get them?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you don't want to stick with AT&T, try to go with another carrier who has the best coverage for the areas you will be using your phone in. Once that is settled, the device you pick may depend on what features you want in it.

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'd look at T-Mobile. Take a look at the 8900. Their plan prices seem to be the best. I've found their customer service to be unusually good.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    If you don't want to stick with AT&T, try to go with another carrier who has the best coverage for the areas you will be using your phone in. Once that is settled, the device you pick may depend on what features you want in it.
    That's what I normally do, but coverage in my areas is pretty much solid with all carriers so that's not a huge issue. I guess the only real difference would be the price for the phones/plans.

Tmobile does seem to be slightly cheaper for the comparable stuff I have at AT&T, so that was definitely one I was looking at. The 8900 does look like a very solid phone too.

Since you're already used to the look/feel of the Pearl and the SureType, you might consider the 8220 Pearl Flip at T-Mobile - With a two year contract they're about $50, and they're quite a bit more advanced than the pearl you're used to.

Amazon is the way to get the best price, but I"m not sure you are able to port your current number. That might have changed. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmc View Post
    Amazon is the way to get the best price, but I"m not sure you are able to port your current number. That might have changed. Anyone?
    It has directions on how to do so on amazon, so I assume it can be done.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...8&docId=508597

jeremyblaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Depending on your plan you might save more at letstalk.com. Requires higher plans on most. But on tmobile its really good.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Yea, amazon I believe, was giving out storms for $100 and another site for free... Most likely 2 year contracts and rebates involved, but I'd definately do my research...

If all carriers are good in your area, see what device suits you and take the leap...

The storm is touchscreen, the bold is an all rounder, the curve 8900 is really slim, and the pearl flim is well, a flip... Pick your fancy...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    8900 is 2.5G- were getting to a time where 3G is the new hype....Go get a bold or wait for a new device to hit the stores...just my .02cents
    "good things come to tho's who wait"

Quote Originally Posted by Leetneo View Post
    8900 is 2.5G- were getting to a time where 3G is the new hype....Go get a bold or wait for a new device to hit the stores...just my .02cents
    The bold is nice, but the cheapest I can find it is $150 which is way overpriced for such a thing. There's no way I'm paying that for just a slicker curve w/ 3G and nice screen. RIM really messed up on that one IMO and lost several buyers in my friends who were wanting a BB, but then went w/ the iphone once they saw how expensive the BBs are these days.

I can find the 8900 for $50 after a $100 rebate, but those don't always come through. If the rebate goes through fine then I'm okay, but otherwise it'll be an expensive 8900. The flip 8220 isn't bad at $50 OTD, but I was hoping to get a nicer screen on my next phone.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I am still wanting to try out a storm. They were BOGO recently but that may have ended
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

I tried the storm. It took 5 minutes to figure out that the touch screen keyboard was not for me. Very frustrating.

Gorcorps says:
    RIM really messed up on that one IMO and lost several buyers in my friends who were wanting a BB
    One of the reasons that it says "Nokia" in my "Device" spot above . . .

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    i paid almost $800 for my bold and its every penny well spent in my opinion...
    i see RED...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast