Hi I'm totaly unsure how to tell how much memory I have, I'm a dummy ... General Blackberry forum

lesawag no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

reading memory?

Advertisement

Hi I'm totaly unsure how to tell how much memory I have, I'm a dummy
    It says
    Total memory
    Used
    9709943 and that gives me
    40752777 left unused. So how much space is that? I just don't know how to read it, I know duh? thanks for enlightening me. Lesa

tj2311111 Guest

Re: reading memory?

It means you have 9.7MB of free memory left. Total memory is 50.5MBs and free space is 9.7MB's. 40.8MBs is the amount of memory you have used. Unless I'm reading that totally wrong. lol.

Cause on my Pearl (8100) it says File Free and File Total, not total memory and used. So your confusing me on that part.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-04-2008 at 12:16 AM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok u make since I think I wrote it wrong, ur right so it says
    File free
    How much do I have free?? Sorry about the bad info do I have enough free u think? Thanks so much for helping. Lesa

tj2311111 Guest

If file free is 5759209 bytes, thats about 5.49MB's of free space. Is that with a reset or after use? The newer Pearls seem to have less space than the older Pearls (8100). To be safe I would try to get at least in the 14-18MB range, if possible. Try deleting the preloaded pics, video, music, and languages (besides the language you use). Also pics, video, music, ringtones you installed try to get them on a MicroSD card.

PIN/ID
    ask

I do hav a micro sd card in and when I click on media card the numbers say free 1.8. And total space 1.8 but it has all my pictures on my media card, originally I formatted the card on my bb, could this be the problem? Back to my free space question that number was not after a hard re set. I have downloaded nothing in the last few hours and the number just dropped to 4652225 free, how can that be?? How do u get rid of preloaded pictures and ring tones please. I know this is a lot of questions, thanks for being so helpful lesa

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Remember, a BB is not like a PC.
    In a PC, you have memory and you have disk space - two distinct and separate entities.
    A BB only has memory, therefore whatever you use up in file space, cannot be used for memory.

This takes a little getting used to, but if you uninstall some apps, you'll have more free memory.