Hi - just a quick question. I currently have a 8707 attached to my work's ... General Blackberry forum

growse no está en línea Stack level 1

Quick Q: Upgrading to a pearl on BB Enterprise server?

Advertisement

Hi - just a quick question.

I currently have a 8707 attached to my work's bb enterprise server (MDS etc). I want to upgrade, but the office won't cover it, so I'm looking to buy a 8100 Pearl somewhere out there on the internet. Now, I remember someone saying that not all blackberrys are 'corporate', and therefore won't work on an enterprise server.

Is there any truth to this? Any reason why I can't go and by any bb, plug the sim card in, plug it into my laptop to re-sync it with outlook and then just have it work?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Quick Q: Upgrading to a pearl on BB Enterprise server?

thats not true you just have to have the BES data plan but you will still need to get with your BES admin to reset a password to activate your new BB to the BES. your email account from your 8707 is still in the BES system and it runs by your PIN so you need to talk to you BES admin to fix this.

growse no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Quick Q: Upgrading to a pearl on BB Enterprise server?

Thanks.

Previously, when I've upgraded handsets, I've just swapped the sim in, and plugged it into my computer. It's detected the change of PIN and moved everything over for me without necessarily involving the BES admin. This was some time ago though, so can't remember exactly how I did it.