I just upgraded from a 7230 to a 7290 to get Bluetooth connectivity. I used ... General Blackberry forum

lcrawf2 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Quick Dialing Phone Number in Text Message

Advertisement

I just upgraded from a 7230 to a 7290 to get Bluetooth connectivity. I used to be able to dial directly from an email or other text because the BB "sensed" a 10 digit number as a phone number and automatically highlighted the digits and I could then dial with a few clicks. This is a great timesaver when on the go.

I can't get the new phone to do the same. Does anyone have any idea how to enable this feature on a 7290? Is this feature common to all BB series or only to certain models? Other users in my office still have this functionality, but I can't find any info on how to enable it on my BB.

Any help will be appreciated!

chadgrice no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f5bcde

Re: Quick Dialing Phone Number in Text Message

it should work try just scrolling down to the number it should be underlined and then when you get to it it should high light it. email yourself a number and try it

jlesh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D95340

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Did you purchase the 7290 new or used? I have a 7290 and have the feature you are talking about. I bought mine new, and never enabled anything, it was just always on. If you bought it used I guess the previous owner could have disabled it, but otherwise I don't know. I will play around with my BB and see if I can figure out if it can be turned on and off and I will get back to you if I come up with anything.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Actually, I think that there are slight differences in OS builds, as I have seen this both working and not working across my various devices and builds.

However, even if the link is not present, it will still work.

When your cursor is on the number, click the trackwheel, there will be option to call the number.

Yeah, it's not as simple as pressing the call button, but it's still available with a couple of clicks.