Hello all, I am a Ex Windows Mobile Slave / New BB user. I am ... General Blackberry forum

pcorajr no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Questions and Intro

Advertisement

Hello all,

I am a Ex Windows Mobile Slave / New BB user. I am aN IT Consultant for a Software provider based out of Germany. I have to be honest and say that I was a very surprise with how great BB devices and service is. By far this is the best experience I have had with a Mobile Device.

I have used the Nokia E62 and Cingular 8125. Both phones almost made me give up on PDA Devices. But now is all good. When i was introduced to my new Pearl and after using it for 12 day i was asked by one of my colleges to summarize in a few words my experience with the device. My answer was " It just works!!!, Ohh and BTW it also ROCKS". I hope that by that you are able to gauge how happy I am with my new Blackberry.

With that said I would like to ask a few questions.

I am in the process of reformatting my wallpapers to fit the BB screen. I ran into this site Hellaphone which does a good job but i have a truck load of wallpapers and would like to have a application that would help me make this transition a bit less time consuming. Anybody can recommend anything or even better point me in the right direction where i can find a tutorial on how to do this on Photoshop.

A friend of mine showed me this BB application he has that allows him to browse the BB File-System, the internal network from his BB. He could hit the network share and also see his desktop computer shared folders. The problem is that I’m on a budget, and this app is 40 dollars. I’m already hearing the bitching from my CFO (wife) about spending so much money on my new BB. So for now I need a free alternative for this APP (If there is one).

Thank you all for the help and for providing so much good information for us BB noobs. This is a great site and I look forward to chatting with ya all.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: Questions and Intro

Quote Originally Posted by pcorajr
    I am in the process of reformatting my wallpapers to fit the BB screen. I ran into this site Hellaphone which does a good job but i have a truck load of wallpapers and would like to have a application that would help me make this transition a bit less time consuming. Anybody can recommend anything or even better point me in the right direction where i can find a tutorial on how to do this on Photoshop.
    You just need to know the screen res of the Pearl (should be listed among its specs at Blackberry.com) and then set up Photoshop to perform a batch process. I bet the help files will explain how to do it. It's pretty much like recording a macro and then pointing it to a directory with images that you want to process. The problem will be if the original images aren't the same aspect ratio. You can't really automate the process of custom cropping images.

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Questions and Intro

FYI: the screen resolution of the Pearl is 240 x 260.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Thumbs up Re: Questions and Intro

Welcome to Pinstack!!