Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me answer these questions? I understand BES ... General Blackberry forum

illuminati no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Questions about BES/BIS and Messenger security

Advertisement

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me answer these questions?

1. I understand BES is secured communications using triple DES. Is the BIS similarly secure in terms of email communications?
    2. Is BB Messenger secure? On BES and BIS? What if BES is communication to a BIS via BB Messenger? Will the data be secure?
    3. PIN messages are secure, am I right?
    Thanks in advance

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Questions about BES/BIS and Messenger security

Quote Originally Posted by illuminati
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me answer these questions?
    1. I understand BES is secured communications using triple DES. Is the BIS similarly secure in terms of email communications?
    2. Is BB Messenger secure? On BES and BIS? What if BES is communication to a BIS via BB Messenger? Will the data be secure?
    3. PIN messages are secure, am I right?
    Thanks in advance
    1. BIS Security is dependant on the email provider. While BIS does not support Secure Password Authentication to the email account, it does support SSL email connections. I have no idea how to determine if your email service is using secure or standard connections though. That said, the traffic between the BIS server and your device is over the BlackBerry network which is secure.
    2. BB Messenger uses the BlackBerry network which is inherently secure.
    3. PIN messages also use the BlackBerry network, and share the same security as BB Messenger and BES traffic.
    JerryD