For the past year or so I have had a desktop at work and I ... General Blackberry forum

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

questions about bes 4.1 express

Advertisement

For the past year or so I have had a desktop at work and I was using desktop redirector to forward my Outlook Exchange email to my Blackberry. It worked great because my computer was always on and logged in. This week I got a new laptop so my current solution won't work any longer because the laptop goes home with me at night.

Does anyone have any suggestions about another setup that would allow me to get my email on my device without having the computer being on and connected to our network?.
    A traditional setup of BES won't work. We're a Treo shop here and while im part of the IS department, I don't think I can sway the network guys to allow a BES install on exchange for one user.
    I'm playing with BES 4.1 express on a development server but exchange isn't on that box so i'm not sure how successful that'll be.
    We also don't have external pop access here so BIS isn't an option either.
    we DO have OWA and OMA but that doens't push email to me.
    just wondering if there are any solutions out there without taking up too much time
    thanks!

audit no está en línea BES Guru
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Re: questions about bes 4.1 express

We USED to be a treo shop here but I decided to put in the BES Express on a old box that I had laying around here. After my CEO saw my BB and I explained how things worked with it and the BES Server, he ordered 1, since then I have converted almost everyone in the office from Treo's to Blackberries.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

Quote Originally Posted by audit
    We USED to be a treo shop here but I decided to put in the BES Express on a old box that I had laying around here. After my CEO saw my BB and I explained how things worked with it and the BES Server, he ordered 1, since then I have converted almost everyone in the office from Treo's to Blackberries.
    I'm not really looking to convert everyone to a Blackberry, but if you think BES 4.1 will work on my dev server i'll give it a shot
    thanks!

WATSON no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslack
    A traditional setup of BES won't work. We're a Treo shop here and while im part of the IS department, I don't think I can sway the network guys to allow a BES install on exchange for one user.
    You will still need to get the BES service account set up in AD and grant it the relevant privileges to your Exchange mailbox. You don't need Exchange on the BES machine - it's not recommended anyhow - but you will need to install Exchange System Manager. So, unless you can get these prerequisites figured out I can't see that you will be able to use BES Express. If anyone knows different please feel free to correct me.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

POP isn't the only option for BIS integration. You can also forward, redirect, or integrate via OWA.

See also blackberryfaq.com.