Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have a network cam set up in my sons room. I can view & ... General Blackberry forum

exciter no está en línea Stack level 3

Question viewing webcam on BB

Advertisement

I have a network cam set up in my sons room. I can view & operate the camera from any PC or even a Treo. (See the attached pic) But when I view it on my 8700c, I can only see the live screen, but not the navigational panel on the left side. Does anyone know if there is a browser configuration to change, if any that will make this work? Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Question viewing webcam on BB

Have you tried using Opera Mini to view the page?

*BTW, no attached image.

Just uploaded the pic. I just tried Opera & while it does work, it is a real pain as every single time I click a button & move the webcam, it asks for my user & password. It would be nice if Opera gave the option to save those.
    Last edited by exciter; 10-23-2006 at 06:24 PM.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Quote Originally Posted by exciter
    I have a network cam set up in my sons room. I can view & operate the camera from any PC or even a Treo. (See the attached pic) But when I view it on my 8700c, I can only see the live screen, but not the navigational panel on the left side. Does anyone know if there is a browser configuration to change, if any that will make this work? Thank you.

Wow thats nice! I wana put a camera on my room see if my GF's cheating on me LOL

Muddy Ground no está en línea Stack level 2

Is she then?
    I'm on the bad, bad side of the road...

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G

That would be cool...

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Um, I guess my question is why you have a camera in someone's room...

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Funny story on that note kinda:

I used to have a Sprint, can't remember exactly what model it was, but it was a while ago...It was a pretty tight phone for the times. Had all the messaging, browsing, email, etc on it.

Anyways, I had a program set up on my computer. I can't remember the name of it, maybe GuardDog? So what you could do was hook up a webcam to your computer, and when it detected a change in enviorment, it would start recording until after the enviorment went back to normal.

Pretty much what this means...You could set it up to go into standby mode...If someone walked in the room, it would sense that and start recording (while leaving the computer in standby mode) and it would keep recording until there was no movement again.

Yeah, it was pretty cool. But the better thing was that if you had a LAN based connection, you could have it email you immediately and it would include pictures in 3 second incriments of what was being recorded.

Caught one of my roommates pinching a sack from me (Back when I smoked) that way. It was funny watching the images come in over the phone while I was on the office phone calling him telling him I knew what he was doing.

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    Are you referring to the orignal posters webcam? I think he mentioned it was his sons room, which I am guessing his son is pretty young so it's a way to keep an eye on him while he is at work.

There are actually a ton of people out there who have webcams set up in their house and have the feeds sitting on a secure server so that they can log in and see what's going on at the house while they are at work. I actually like the idea. Doubles as a security system too.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Not to mention, you get to share more of your childs day with them. Parents here in Wichita can log into web cams in there kids classrooms. Lets them see what little Johnny is really doing to terrorize the teacher. Lol!

That had that awhile ago? Sprint had that?

I was thinking more of in a teenagers room, I'd be pissed if my rents did that!

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

That had that awhile ago? Sprint had that?
    Nah, it wasn't a Sprint feature per say, that was just the phone I was using at the time. It was some Samsung phone, I dunno...But this was back like 5 years ago or so I think.

It was able to receive emails and whatnot. It was pretty cool for back in the day.

When my son was born less than 2 years ago, I absolutely hated going to work each day. I wanted to stay home with him. But that wasn't an option. I set up the webcam so I could watch him anytime I felt the need. I have it set up to detect motion. As soon as he walks into the room, the camera swings in his direction, takes some snapshots (640x480) & emails them to me. I then log in so I can see what he is up to. It sure would put a smile on my face & make my day go a lot easier.

Just installed Opera Mini 3.0 Beta & it works better when logging into, accessing & viewing my webcam. It's not perfect but I can deal with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast