My company does not use BES as we do not have an Exchange Server. However, ... General Blackberry forum

therev5275 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question on Daylight Savings for BIS users

Advertisement

My company does not use BES as we do not have an Exchange Server. However, most of our outside sales force uses BIS for either Cingular or Verizon.

I've been reading up on this all day and it seems that all the fixes are for BES users and admins. What's the fix for BIS users? Desktop Managar 4.2 and sync date and time? Or, manually update the time?

And I thought that since the time source on the blackberry is set to be either Blackberry or Cellular, that this update thing would be a non issue for us BIS users.

Thanks in advance.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Question on Daylight Savings for BIS users

Do a search. I am sure you will find the answer. Basically, theere is O/S fix to take care of it, or you can manually change the time

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Lightbulb Re: Question on Daylight Savings for BIS users

Impact of North American Daylight Saving Time changes in 2007 on BlackBerry smartphone users >> http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst2007/

then... >> BlackBerry® Internet Service Only (or no email account)
    http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst...ce/index.shtml

Impact to BlackBerry Desktop Software >> http://www.blackberry.com/select/dst...e_impact.shtml

Hope that helped...!

INC1Tech no está en línea Stack level 1

I am confused..

I spoke to T-Mobile (our provider) for our non-BES users who said there is not update needed. It is handled via "the network".

However, per the information on the Blackberry web site -- it says an update is needed. Is this due to the Desktop Manager synching "time and date"?

Is the software patch or update needed for non-BES users???

Help..

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Quote Originally Posted by INC1Tech
    I am confused..

I spoke to T-Mobile (our provider) for our non-BES users who said there is not update needed. It is handled via "the network".

However, per the information on the Blackberry web site -- it says an update is needed. Is this due to the Desktop Manager synching "time and date"?

Is the software patch or update needed for non-BES users???

Help..

I did the patch, it only took about 5 minutes. Just do it. I am on BIS by the way.

shadow63 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242949a0

Not for sure, but i think that BES will be updated thru the company that gave you your BB wirelessly and BIS will have to do a patch. On the site it goes into detail about all this and that when the new OS is released (version 4.2.1) whenever that is, it will be already included with it. I installed the patch and it did not take long. I am on BIS also. I am personally ready for the new OS if it takes care of this. Anyone have any idea of when it might be released.

krakberry no está en línea Stack level 1

hi, i have a question re: DST update. I got the patch, which was SMS'ed to me from Tmobile (my provider). Now, whenever i sync, the time is an hour earlier! and i have to manually correct it. waht's up with this? thanks!

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded my update from the link mentioned by CoolFinalFan. I've had no problems. When I view my applications, it's listed as a separate application called "net_rim_bb_timezoneotapatch..." When I sync, all the times are accurate.

krakberry no está en línea Stack level 1

this has been resolved. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! how do i close this?

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Do all phones need this patch?

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes all non-bes berrries should download the patch.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Using the browser on their BlackBerry devices, users can visit www.blackberry.com/dst2007 to download the appropriate patch automatically based on the version of their BlackBerry Device Software. You can also send the web site address in an email message to users.

ToY9CiTo no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by _Bulz_Eye_
    Using the browser on their BlackBerry devices, users can visit www.blackberry.com/dst2007 to download the appropriate patch automatically based on the version of their BlackBerry Device Software. You can also send the web site address in an email message to users.
    thanks alot for your OTA version of the patch it finally installed when the DM version would not...but the problem does not stop when i go to options it says patch running then says patch not found will try update again in 3 days this has been goin on for 3 weeks it will not run the patch and my times are all off...anyone else has had a solution to this..i have the OS from Sprint .359