Is there ANY way to turn off the the magnetic turn off on an 8700?? ... General Blackberry forum

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

question for the pros..

Advertisement

Is there ANY way to turn off the the magnetic turn off on an 8700?? I'd like to use my bb while in its holster...

I have the 8700 in a skin (by seidio) and I also have the clip that goes with it... U can put the bb in the clip either facing in or out... I was hopin I could leave it in the clip facing while using it.... Does anyone know of a setting I can look into???
    torched!

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: question for the pros..

The magnetic "on/off" puts your device in sleep mode. One way to prevent that would be to try loading bblight and see if you can adjust the settings to keep the light on all the time. I would caution you on doing this because the 8700 does use up a considerable amount of power to light up the screen. Good luck.

PacketRat

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

What do you intend to do with the BB in its holster? IIRC I've always been able to receive calls with my BB in the holster...

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

joewoo, The magnetic switch does not turn off the BB. It is still usable, meaning all the receive functions work when it is in the holster. I'm confused by what you mean use "while in the holster"
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

I'd like to IM while still having the fone in the holster... As in... Type wit the bb in the holster... I kno when its in it that it doesnt turn off.. It jus shuts off the screen.... The fone is a tad too thin for my hands but if I leave it in the holster it fits that much better... Plus if u have the bb set up so that the screen shuts off in 30 secs, it won't drain the battery power too much...

Again... The main goal I want to achieve is to have the bb in the holster facing outward so that I can IM without having to take it out the clip...

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~take your pocket knife and pry out the little magnet.

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~err... Out of the holster, not tha BB.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

But if you have it facing out, does the magnet still turn it off? You might want to think about a different holster/case to do what you want. Check out my review of the VAJA leather 8700 Case. It's a little expensive, but will do exactly what you want and protect your BB also.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

trigga15 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21655FFB

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah goodluck with that you just need to find a case with out a magnet in it because if not the bb is always gonna go in sleep mode everytime there isnt just a way to turn it off