This is something I've wondered before with other devices: is it ok for my BB ... General Blackberry forum

songstress3 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Question : Battery charging

Advertisement

This is something I've wondered before with other devices: is it ok for my BB to be having its battery recharged when plugged into my PC (I assume its doing that?) and does this have no negative effect on the life of the battery? (You know, recharging a battery before its completely empty etc). Thanks anyone who cares to respond.
    20290BDD

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Question : Battery charging

The BB uses a lithium battery and you don't need to "season" it as you had to do with earlier rechargeables, and there should be no harm done leaving it hooked to the PC. I usually plug mine in inthe morning and leave it there until I need to go out.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

These batteries can be charged at any time. They won't hold a memory like old rechargables do. You can charge using USB or a wall/car charger. Almost every time I sit at my desk I plug it in. And every night, battery dead or not.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

This link from another thread should explain eveything you ever wanted to know about lithium batteries but was afraid to ask !!

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm.

Gaz

ednap no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FF13F0

I travel a lot for work (interstate across Australia 2 - 3 days a week) and just ordered the Seidio extended battery for my 8700g. I'm hoping this will mean no need to carry the charger on every trip.

Getting back to your question, I currently plug my BB into the the PC or the AC charger whenver I have that as an easy option and it has not harmed the battery or shortened the battery life in any noticable way.

As others have said, I think you are OK to keep plugging it in whenever you want :-)