Are there any issues with backing up/syncing multiple blackberries to one computer. I will be ... General Blackberry forum

slscarbo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448acbb

Question about backing up/syncing multiple blackberries to one computer

Advertisement

Are there any issues with backing up/syncing multiple blackberries to one computer. I will be getting my wife a blackberry soon, but I don't know how to handle this. Does something special need to be done to backup and sync two phones on one computer, or will we be better off syncing/backing them up on different computers.
    Thanks,
    Stacey

syn92 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ac9d95
    I usually just put "curve" or "pearl" on the end of the backup file when I save...don't know if that's right, but that's how I handle backing up 2 BBs on one computer...via 8320 BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I handle it very simlarly. When I backup my Curve I add curve to the backup file name and leave the pearl file name as is.

Also, my son uses my old Pearl and doesn't want to have all my contacts on his phone, so I turn off the auto-sync before hooking his BB to the DM.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    Be careful about the sync option if you are using Outlook or other desktop organizer. The DM only synchs to outlooks main directory for contacts, so unless you and your wife want the exact same contacts on your device, I wouldn't sync to outlook.

As others have said above, just re-name backup files so you can tell the difference and you should be fine.

also make sure that if you have two different models of blackberry that you have the corresponding handheld software installed on the computer. This will allow you to be able to use application loader with out problems

slscarbo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448acbb
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~great thanks for the help
    Stacey